Denon 1912 or Pioneer 1021 for Jamo 606 HCS

flipsyde

My existing setup is powered by an Onkyo 606 AVR paired to Jamo 606 HCS and a Jamo 300 Sub. All was well till the HDMI on the AVR started acting up. Anyway now I am on the lookout to replace the troublesome AVR with a Pioneer 1021 or a Denon 1912.

I listen to a variety of music ranging from Dire Straits to Kanye West and all sorts of movies and episodes. I have heard to both and liked the Denon for its sound quality and the Pioneer for its features.

I love the gadgetry on the Pioneer. The iPad app for the Pioneer AVR is very cool and gives amazing control over the AVR on a handheld GUI. Music sounds good but is sort of bright. Movies were pretty good. I like the fact that I have analog upscaling and my analog sources are going to look a little bit better. But I will be missing on the Audyssey Multi EQ and will have the MACC instead. And the Denon 1912 sounded bang on as far as music was concerned.

I am really confused. And would love some opinions. Thanks

I was just checking the amazon dot de (Germany)
I just found an ultimate deal on denon AVR1912 it cost around 29000 approx:yahoo: and the best part is u don't need step down transformer.:yahoo:

@Siddharth - I just checked out amazon.de. The price is very tempting! When I am saving 12k I think its alright that I am losing warranty right?

Question remains though.... Pioneer or Denon :(

Just check the price of denon avr1912 it will not be less than 40,000 any where in the market. & second is that check the review on cnet its the best among onkyo 609 & pioneer 1012. & about warranty u will not going to get because its an import. I think its a limited time offer so grab it soon before the discount end.:)

Pioneer punches more power. The best is to audition and let yours ears decide.

Hi, I am using Pioneer 1020 and also Pioneer 919. Both give excellent sound reproduction.
Let your ears decide.

Dear Sir,

Greetings!!

I would like to know the best price for Marantz SR 5005 A/V Receiver and which would be the right A/V receiver & subwoofer for my following speakers,

1) Pair of Boston Acoustics Bravo 2

2) Pair of Martin Logan Motion 2

3) Boston Acoustics CRC 7 centre speaker.

Many thanks for your help in this matter.

kind regards,

-madhuraj

Guys I have decided to go for the Denon 1912. Planning to order it from amazon.de. At 12k less than the local market prices it seemed like a no brainer to me. I had another audition with the Pioneer and the Denon. Must say the Pioneer is very tempting but to my ears the Denon seemed more true to its sound reproduction. That along with the price gap convinced me to go for the Denon.

Now anything I should know before I place my order on amazon.de? I read elsewhere on the forum that it takes 5-7 days to reach. Any with experience ordering on amazon.de please comment. I want to place my order this weekend.

Dear Sir,

Greetings!!

I would like to know the best price for Marantz SR 5005 A/V Receiver and which would be the right A/V receiver & subwoofer for my following speakers,

1) Pair of Boston Acoustics Bravo 2

2) Pair of Martin Logan Motion 2

3) Boston Acoustics CRC 7 centre speaker.

Many thanks for your help in this matter.

kind regards,

-madhuraj

Dear Friend pls take your mail ID from your signature

Thanks in advance

they both are good receiver but my point is that its all about pairing the receiver with a good set of speaker . some will sound better on pioneer some will sound better on denon so you better choose best pair of speaker for ur receiver & yeah it will going to take around 1 week to reach the courier to ur door step but if u want earlier u can make a priority shipping from amazon de.
& all the best for ur new AVR purchase.

Have made my purchase of the Denon 1912 on amazon.de. Expected delivery is between 15th Feb to 27th Feb.

Jamo speakers sound best with Marantz and Denon in my opinion. Besides the 10k price difference was reason enough for me to go for the Denon.

Have made my purchase of the Denon 1912 on amazon.de. Expected delivery is between 15th Feb to 27th Feb.

Jamo speakers sound best with Marantz and Denon in my opinion. Besides the 10k price difference was reason enough for me to go for the Denon.

congrats for ur purchase, how much did you pay for it ? and in INR ?

It worked out to 442.07 Euro which converts to Rs.28925/-

Compare that to the lowest price for the same in Chennai and I have made over 10k in savings the only difference being warranty.

Hi,

Have you received the Denon ? What is your feedback on the Denon 1912 and Jamo 606 combo ? Are they able to drive the speakers comfortably ?

Yes! I have been using the amp regularly for 2 months now and its made me realize how rubbish Onkyo sounds compared to Denon (personally). The Jamo 606 speakers are powered well by the Denon but could have been a little brighter. Both the speakers and the amp sound very warm. I have a pair of Jamo E750's with me as well which sound fantastic with the Denon. I would suggest a Denon + Jamo C Series Combo rather than the S Series.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have the Jamo s606 5.0 package with Sub 300 + Onkyo 508. I feel the Onkyo is underpowered to drive the Jamo speakers, so am looking for options to upgrade.

Confused between the Onkyo 709/809 or Denon 2312/3312 series...

@SHakensoul - I have the same setup as you Jamo S606 HCS3 with a Jamo 300 Sub. The Denon 1912 is adequately powerful. I don't know how satisfied you are with your speakers but you should realise these are pretty low end. Its alright for movies but music sounds quite poor. If I were you I'd look at bumping up my speakers before I blow a load of cash on a powerful amp. Amplifiers being electronic devices are updated so frequently I dont see too much of a point getting anything more than what is required. Speakers on the other hand are a one time investment.

Anyway if I were you I'd look no further than the Pioneer 1021/1121 or Denon 1912 they are more than enough. If you are willing to spend around 75k then look no further than the Marantz AV7005.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back