Denon 2113 shutting down randomly

vicky11

Hello friends,

I have been enjoying music on Denon 2113 for almost 2 years now. Suddenly form last 2 days after playing for around 2 hours, not at very high volume the receiver shuts down suddenly. The top front of the receiver do gets real hot, its not too much hot that one cannot touch. But its hot enough that can be felt with bare hands.

So I made some room and kept in completely open shelf it played for more than 4 hours this time and then shut down. After unplugging AC, kept it off for 10 15 mins and again started it and it ran perfect again.

Is its something to do with overheating ? I googled about this and read about protection circuit but as suggested on some of the blogs the red light starts blinking in those cases which is not blinking in here , but rather it completely shuts down.

Am I missing something in reading the symptoms of the receiver ? Or its just the hot and humid weather of Mumbai doing the trick.

Note : I did not cross -20db while playing the music , I did try to move around for a while to see if its overheats at high volume. But moreover played at steady volume of near to -30db.

Any suggestions or advice is helpfull. Please suggest.

Thanks.
Vikram

It certainly looks like its overheating and the protection circuit kicks in and the unit shuts down completely. May be I'm wrong, but it could be possible that some electronic component inside the unit may have been become weak and leading to the overheating state. As for general use as you are using its very surprising that it goes off.

Now, to cool it down while running you can place, 12v fans on top of the grill, this surely helps and brings down the temp significantly. Maybe this can help or else you may have to get it checked by a service center.

Thanks Saket.

had thought so that its overheating was shocked to see suddenly happen. Anyways will try the fan thing suggested, may its the heat in Mumbai driving the receiver to nuts.

Could you please post a picture of where the receiver is placed? You could also try keeping a Laptop cooler over the receiver.

MaSh

I also have Denon AVR 2113 receiver and due to poor ventilation, it gets hot frequently so I placed a cooling fan on the top of the receiver now no more heat and everything runs cool like a breeze. Get your AVR service and use cooling fan.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back