Denon 2311 (Need help with speakers package)

rprash99

Hi All, Thanks for all the useful info here. I need some help.
the Denon dealer in Bangalore is giving me this deal.

2311 for 60000 + the BD player (1610)

TSI 300 Rs 21000
TS1100 11000
CSI Rs9500
PSW110 13000 Rs

Speakers/Sub for 47750

Can anyone suggest if this is a good deal? or can i go for better speakers package for my 2311..

My budget is 1.2 lacs

regards
Prashant

I wouldn't suggest a 2311 with that kind.

Don't spend a penny over 40-50k on your receiver, and at most 5-10k on your CD player.

The two combined should be approximately 50k and the remaining 70k should be for the speakers.

I wouldn't suggest Denon in the first place. Go for Marantz or NAD.

And you can buy better than Polk.

Go for Monitor Audio BR2 (15k+) or higher. Monitor Audio is the best brand for this price.

Take 2 FS + 2 BS or 4 BS.

See if you can fit an entry level sub within the budget.

I wouldn't suggest a 2311 with that kind.

Don't spend a penny over 40-50k on your receiver, and at most 5-10k on your CD player.

The two combined should be approximately 50k and the remaining 70k should be for the speakers.

I wouldn't suggest Denon in the first place. Go for Marantz or NAD.

And you can buy better than Polk.

Go for Monitor Audio BR2 (15k+) or higher. Monitor Audio is the best brand for this price.

Take 2 FS + 2 BS or 4 BS.

See if you can fit an entry level sub within the budget.

Forget the deals man. Never go for what the shop offers you. They just clear stocks. Actually this is not a deal. Its just a normal sale. 2311 along with blu ray player actual price is 65k. Ok they give a 5k off. Fine...

For around the same price you can get an Onkyo TX-NR708. Actual price is 65k. Try hard on a discount, you get it for 55k. It gives better audio power than your Denon 2311.

People say Denon is Musical and Onkyo is Brighter. I find it different, Denon is underpowered and Onkyo has better audio. At usual volumes you don't find differences between them. At higher volumes, Denon struggles and feels like it needs more power. Onkyo is just right, in terms of power. This is very obvious when playing Audio CD's in Stereo Mode. I found the Denon struggling when highs, mids, bass and sub bass go up at the same time. Onkyo doesn't have this issue. Whatever i tell here is what you get for the money you pay. For the same money you get better audio. You might get better audio with higher end Denons. But again Onkyo is gonna deliver more for that money.

Also Denon 2311 use AKM DACs and Onkyo TX-NR708 uses Burr Brown DACs. I believe Burr Browns are more natural sounding(analogous), musical

Hi All, Thanks for all the useful info here. I need some help.
the Denon dealer in Bangalore is giving me this deal.

2311 for 60000 + the BD player (1610)

TSI 300 Rs 21000
TS1100 11000
CSI Rs9500
PSW110 13000 Rs

Speakers/Sub for 47750

Can anyone suggest if this is a good deal? or can i go for better speakers package for my 2311..

My budget is 1.2 lacs

regards
Prashant

On a 1.2 lac budget, you should be spending more on the speakers and less on the receiver.

What I would suggest :
1. Demo the Denon 1911 and see what price you can get for it. You could save 20K or more.

2. The Sony S370 Blue Ray player cost Rs 10K and is very good. Take that into account while negotiating any deal with ProFX that includes a "free" Blue Ray player.

3. You must invest in better speakers - whether you get the 2311 or 1911. Avoid the Polk TSi series. If you would like to buy Polk (its convenient to buy everything from ProFX + the sound is quite good) then buy the RTi series. Get a price for RTi A1 (fronts) + CSi A4 (centre) + FXi A4 (surrounds) + DSW Pro 500 (sub). The MRP of this combi is aprox 75K. See how much you can get it down. Target Rs 60 - 65K.

4. You should also listen to other speakers. You will not find them in ProFX so you will need to go to other dealers. Usual favourites on this board are Wharfedale and Monitor Audio. Both offer front-centre-surround-sub speaker sets.

5. Avoid mixing - ie. fronts from 1 manufacturer, center from another, surrounds from another and so on.

6. Spend your time and energy on auditioning and choosing the speakers. Don't get caught up on debates on the receiver. Both Denon and Onkyo are excellent. Pick either - you will not regret it. I have a Denon 1910 and am very happy with it.

For a budget of 1.2k approx, I would recommend this (assuming that you want HT and not only music)

Marantz 5004 from shopyourworld.com for like 35-40k.
Another 10k on the DVD player.

Now we have about 75k for your speakers.

You have three good options:
Monitor Audio
B&W
Polk

POLK
RTi A4 40k
RTi A1 16k
RTi Center 16k
You can forget the sub, really doesn't make much of a difference in this budget, honestly.
Or add another 15k or so for a sub.
Or, compromise on the FS and get BS instead.

OR
TSI 400 25
TSI 300 18k
Center 12k
Sub 15k+
MONITOR AUDIO
BR 5 + BR 2 + Center + Whar/Polk sub

B&W
685/686 series setup

Buy from Bass n Treble in Delhi. ProFX is too expensive and buys from Bass n Treble too :p

@ techboy : Thats a bit over buddy... Dont make Denny a distributor... :p ... Let ProFx handle the distribution part... Denny is quite knowledgeable and an expert for Solutions...
And if Distributors start selling products @ a lesser price then they wont be able to make any dealers...

@ Prashant : Buddy, you dont need Denon-2311...its a high end for your budget and requirements... What are your plans for your HT... is it a dedicated one or what.? and what is the size...

Anyways, as per your budget and suggested package by ProFx, this package will be much better...

Package 1 :
Q Acoustics - 2050
Q Acoustics - 2010
Q Acoustics - 2000c
Q Acoustics - 2070s
Q Acoustics - 2000WB
Q Acoustics - 2000CB
Denon Amp - 1911
Sony BluRay Player
QED Speaker Cables + Interconnects...

MRP Rs.1,59,160

Package 2 :
Q Acoustics - 1050i
Q Acoustics - 1010i
Q Acoustics - 1000ci
Q Acoustics - 1000si
Q Acoustics - 1000WB
Q Acoustics - 1000CB
Denon Amp - 1911
Sony BluRay Player
QED Speaker Cables + Interconnects...

MRP Rs.1,48,500 - Offer Rs.1,32,500

Consider this, and let me know, if you need the demo...

DENON AVR 2311 ia mighty amp ..TSi is not the perfect match ..try this..
RTIA5
RTIA1 or FXIA4
CSIA4
PRO600
stick with 5.1 ...do Bi amping ..try the same in demo ..play some surr HD tracks

I too agree with tech boy's recomendations..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back