Denon 2700H / Elac B6.2: 1 year review + Center speaker addition

RahulPuls

Everyone please excuse me for this delayed post after my initial post. I was extremely occupied with a lot of activities for these past months (new job/travel/covid) so couldn't post much. Having said that I have been kept entertained by those Elac debut speaker which I purchased last year in Oct. Its been almost an year of listening to quality sound waves, so here is the review guys:

1. Denon 2700H - 😎
  • Absolute beast (my friends thought I was mad investing 71K on an AVR that time, look at it now selling @1.2L!! WOW :rolleyes: )
  • Audyssey room calibration is just magic. I added some old speakers too, everything is remarkably clearer and punchier than before
  • The remote could have been better and yes, I got 2 firmware updates till now, everything rock solid so far 🤞
2. Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 - 🤩
  • Alteast the speaker prices have remained sane over the past year. So that is good, 😅
  • As suggested by many FMs , these are really good 'budget' quality bookshelf speaker for both music and movies
  • The high frequencies are brighter and better resolved and it is leaner in the mid-bass but is also better defined
  • I need a good center channel match for these to enhance the sound stage especially for those cinematic dialogue effect which I'm badly missing right now
3. Centre speaker addition - 🤔
  • ELAC Debut 2.0 C6.2
  • Klipsch R-50C
  • Monitor Audio Bronze C150
  • Polk Audio ES35 Signature Elite
  • Q Acoustics Concept Centre
These are some of the shortlisted speakers for the center, should give y'all an idea about my budget and segment. Please share your suggestions, I'm a bit inclined towards Monitor Bronze C150 or Klipsch R-50C.

Last edited:
Seems like the 2700H price today is similar to what you paid an year back :) Good that you are enjoying the setup!! it is the only thing that matters. Congratulations!!

Everyone please excuse me for this delayed post after my initial post. I was extremely occupied with a lot of activities for these past months (new job/travel/covid) so couldn't post much. Having said that I have been kept entertained by those Elac debut speaker which I purchased last year in Oct. Its been almost an year of listening to quality sound waves, so here is the review guys:

1. Denon 2700H - 😎
  • Absolute beast (my friends thought I was mad investing 71K on an AVR that time, look at it now selling @1.2L!! WOW :rolleyes: )
  • Audyssey room calibration is just magic. I added some old speakers too, everything is remarkably clearer and punchier than before
  • The remote could have been better and yes, I got 2 firmware updates till now, everything rock solid so far 🤞
2. Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 - 🤩
  • Alteast the speaker prices have remained sane over the past year. So that is good, 😅
  • As suggested by many FMs , these are really good 'budget' quality bookshelf speaker for both music and movies
  • The high frequencies are brighter and better resolved and it is leaner in the mid-bass but is also better defined
  • I need a good center channel match for these to enhance the sound stage especially for those cinematic dialogue effect which I'm badly missing right now
3. Centre speaker addition - 🤔
  • ELAC Debut 2.0 C6.2
  • Klipsch R-50C
  • Monitor Audio Bronze C150
  • Polk Audio ES35 Signature Elite
  • Q Acoustics Concept Centre
These are some of the shortlisted speakers for the center, should give y'all an idea about my budget and segment. Please share your suggestions, I'm a bit inclined towards Monitor Bronze C150 or Klipsch R-50C.
Running this exact same setup with Elac C6.2, so far no complaints. One point though is the volume driven from the TataSky STB is on a lower side after the addition of the Center, but music through the HEOS app ( with Amazon Music as a streaming choice) is simply outstanding and so is OTT - the voice quality has gone up several nothces . From an STB standpoint have been trying different sound modes - the multi channel stereo seems like the best option but still very underwhelming especially watching games etc. But yes it would have been a nightmare to sync frequencies if I had gone with another brand for the center.

Its great to find another person with same setup - great for exchanging notes, especially now that I look forward to getting surrounds ( I skipped sub-woofers as bass response on b6.2 was good enough and a sub-woofer would have just caused a lot of rumbling which would not sit well with la familia)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back