• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Denon 3400 not starting..need urgent help

sylar

Hi All,

My denon 3400 is not starting.My avr was on from the power switch but was not turned on by remote but it started automatically and tried to update and failed.After that it is stuck.When I turn on the avr it goes into standby mode saying Please wait..after few seconds it says Update Error0101.

Its not even switching off.Red light is flashing.Green light is not coming and it is directly going in standby mode with the same message.

Please help

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

reachkalyan.kr

Try to down load and use the update file thru usb.
It might help some time as it helped me when i had DenonX1100 and similar kind of issue.
Atb

newlash09

This is one royal PITA with all avr's. They get bricked when a update stalls mid way. Iam really sorry to hear your plight. As suggested try a factory reset, if doesnt help, then a visit to the service center is the only sure cure. All the best

sylar

Cant factory reset it..Its not happening..Taking it to service centre today..looks like bios issue or eprom issue

insane79

Cant factory reset it..Its not happening..Taking it to service centre today..looks like bios issue or eprom issue
Did you buy it officially from India? If yes there is hope they might fix it for you but they will blame it on you for doing the update..

Cheers.

sylar

Did you buy it officially from India? If yes there is hope they might fix it for you but they will blame it on you for doing the update..

Cheers.
Its under warranty and in service centre...Apparently its not an update issue...The power socket was lose and there was some spark and avr went into protection mode with some random error message.Still waiting for update from service centre on fix and eta

saikatbiswas82

Hoping for speedy recovery of your AVR. In most commercial AVRs, I've seen that they omit ac earth line altogether (including my Yamaha A810). Check the IEC socket at the back of your AVR. It should show 2 pin AC line input. This is potentially dangerous in my opinion. I did some little trick to my power line of the AVR. What I did may not be called audiophile grade but I did it anyway. I've taken a cable and shorted the earth line with the chasis. Please take a look at the photos. I think this will solve some power related issues in future during power on/off time.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZQZUAZfDza7r7AsMA

You may try to do a factory reset meanwhile.

Check out what this video says:

sylar

Final update on avr...My avr power IC is gone and has to be replaced.It happened due to bad internet used for updating.

IC will be replaced and it will take 3 weeks.Luckily it was under warranty and I dony have to spend a penny but please advise what should I do in future to avoid such kinds of issue.

SPONSORED ADS

efernand1

Hi

Unfortunate incident!

Download all updates on Laptop / Desktop,,,,it can be scanned easily then load on USB thumb drive and then update....

Before doing any update....see whats the benefit of doing the update.,....if nothing really enhanced...then dont do it......

Most of us rush for updates without understanding what and why and firstly if it applies to the AVRs we use....updates are released region based.

SPONSORED ADS