Denon 4500H - Color Banding Issue!

slash1814

A very happy new year 2020 to all!.
My Denon 4500H (9.1), has a weird issue of color banding, which is not noticeable unless you are watching a scene that involves single color gradient.
For example, if you see PS4 blue screen or Marvel Movies splash screen having a red gradient. I figured out when it happens. Under Video section of Menu i.e.
Video -> Output Settings -> Video Conversion (has options ON / OFF). By default it is "ON" and with this setting you see the Color Banding. However, turning it 'OFF' corrects the issue and you can see smooth color gradients with out any bands. There are downsides of keeping it 'OFF', (1) You can not see volume bar on your TV (you have to see your AVR screen display (2) The Menu overlay are delayed (by 2 seconds) and are NOT transparent.
Any suggestions?

A very happy new year 2020 to all!.
My Denon 4500H (9.1), has a weird issue of color banding, which is not noticeable unless you are watching a scene that involves single color gradient.
For example, if you see PS4 blue screen or Marvel Movies splash screen having a red gradient. I figured out when it happens. Under Video section of Menu i.e.
Video -> Output Settings -> Video Conversion (has options ON / OFF). By default it is "ON" and with this setting you see the Color Banding. However, turning it 'OFF' corrects the issue and you can see smooth color gradients with out any bands. There are downsides of keeping it 'OFF', (1) You can not see volume bar on your TV (you have to see your AVR screen display (2) The Menu overlay are delayed (by 2 seconds) and are NOT transparent.
Any suggestions?
Yes its common problem with denon and marantz avr, when i was demoing an denon avr same issue occurred, even with my friend marantz unit this problem happened.

I to have a denon 4500 and would like to test if this issue is present. I don't have a ps4 so any other way i can test? And also please share a screenshot for better understanding of the issue

I to have a denon 4500 and would like to test if this issue is present. I don't have a ps4 so any other way i can test? And also please share a screenshot for better understanding of the issue

Here is the picture with banding. Please see the bottom part.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPduhZDxLwTcMrZSSlQ-bXqN-BboG1EQNEhr50X

Here's one without banding.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPXVNR86wfHB-x4fQBhFS2erum98Eer6nB_UsQ9

Does anyone knows whats the exact issue here, and why Denon & Marantz have not fixed it?

Regards
Slash.

Try with computer same problem in computer via hdmi

Was the Video Conversion ON?
Yes it was on. Check the below link which has my settings screenshot
Yes, do you see banding here?
Nope

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back