pcjacob

Hi all,

I seem to be having a very particular problem. My system set up is as follows

AVR – Denon 8500H
TV (HDMI 1 Out) – LG C8 65
Projector (HDMI2 Out) – Epson 9400 W
Blue Ray Input – Panasonic UB820
DVD Input – Oppo 103

When both the HDMI outs to the TV and projector are connected, and even when the projector is in standby mode I get no signal to the TV. However if I pull out the hdmi cable to the projector, the signal comes back on the TV.

However in this configuration I get signal on the projector when it’s turned on.

When I switch the hdmi inputs, that is, connect projector to HDMI 1 and TV to HDMI 2 on the Denon receiver I get the signal from the Oppo but not the 4K Panasonic player on the TV. This problem goes away if I switch on the projector instead of the TV.

I connected both the Oppo and Panasonic directly to the TV and face no issues. Which means there is nothing wrong with both the players and the cables being used.

I did system reset on TV, and Denon but to no avail.

Can anyone tell me what could be the issue and how to rectify it?

Thanks.

Hi all,

AVR – Denon 8500H
DVD Input – Oppo 103

When both the HDMI outs to the TV and projector are connected, and even when the projector is in standby mode I get no signal to the TV. However if I pull out the hdmi cable to the projector, the signal comes back on the TV.

However in this configuration I get signal on the projector when it’s turned on.

When I switch the hdmi inputs, that is, connect projector to HDMI 1 and TV to HDMI 2 on the Denon receiver I get the signal from the Oppo but not the 4K Panasonic player on the TV. This problem goes away if I switch on the projector instead of the TV.

I connected both the Oppo and Panasonic directly to the TV and face no issues. Which means there is nothing wrong with both the players and the cables being used.

Thanks.
It is quite confusing with your issue may be it is for me.
Just list out as mentioned below to conclude or to get an idea about your issue.
Note - Dont remove or refix any hdmi cables while AVR is ON.
Assuming this issue started recently and u have checked the HDMI out( 2nd) settings in your AVR settings menu.

1. Don't connect any inputs to your Denon AVR. Remove all input cable's including hdmi cables and rca / any other cables .keep only power cord ,Hdmi out 1( TV/ PJ) and Hdmi out 2( TV/ PJ) connected and switch on - are u able to access AVR setup( settings ) menu in both display side by side ?
2. Connect any one input either ur bluray Player/ DVD player - How about the display now?
3. Connect the 2nd player - bluray Player/ DVD player- How about the display now ?

Hi all,

AVR – Denon 8500H
DVD Input – Oppo 103

Thanks.
Please check the pj & TV receiving signal resolution set to Auto / or to accept all kind of resolutions.Also the player out resolutions.
Also check for any HDMI handshake issues.

It is quite confusing with your issue may be it is for me.
Just list out as mentioned below to conclude or to get an idea about your issue.
Note - Dont remove or refix any hdmi cables while AVR is ON.
Assuming this issue started recently and u have checked the HDMI out( 2nd) settings in your AVR settings menu.

1. Don't connect any inputs to your Denon AVR. Remove all input cable's including hdmi cables and rca / any other cables .keep only power cord ,Hdmi out 1( TV/ PJ) and Hdmi out 2( TV/ PJ) connected and switch on - are u able to access AVR setup( settings ) menu in both display side by side ?
2. Connect any one input either ur bluray Player/ DVD player - How about the display now?
3. Connect the 2nd player - bluray Player/ DVD player- How about the display now ?
So i had also connected just the Denon receiver to the TV and Projector, without any other input connections. Still it shows no signal on the TV hence the denon set up screen does not display on the TV. But display comes on the Projector.
If i remove the hdmi cable from the projector, the dispaly comes back on the TV.

I will check on the receiving signals set up on both TV and projector. Yes it definitely seems like a handshake issue
Please check the pj & TV receiving signal resolution set to Auto / or to accept all kind of resolutions.Also the player out resolutions.
Also check for any HDMI handshake issues

So i had also connected just the Denon receiver to the TV and Projector, without any other input connections. Still it shows no signal on the TV hence the denon set up screen does not display on the TV. But display comes on the Projector.
If i remove the hdmi cable from the projector, the dispaly comes back on the TV.
Check the page number 198 onwards.
and search for hdmi passthrough,control over HDMI topics

Set HDMI output to Monitor 1 (LG TV) and see if TV displays Denon signal without having to unplug the Projector HDMI - this may confirm there are no handshake issues when TV is chosen as the default output
If the above works then it may be one of the settings causing the signal issue.
1.Set the HDMI output to auto
2. Check the other Output settings - Resolution, video mode, video conversion, i/p scaler, progressive mode, aspect ratio or even the progressive mode to see if one of these is causing the clash of signals

Set HDMI output to Monitor 1 (LG TV) and see if TV displays Denon signal without having to unplug the Projector HDMI - this may confirm there are no handshake issues when TV is chosen as the default output
2. Check the other Output settings - Resolution, video mode, video conversion, i/p scaler, progressive mode, aspect ratio or even the progressive mode to see if one of these is causing the clash of signals
Ok will try that too

So tried a lot of stuff, but still no luck. What i did notice is that if both the TV and Projector are on then the signal comes on the TV too. But if i switch off the projector the signal to the TV stops. Also when its just the Panasonic player the denon amp and the TV are on, i see a handshake issue between the Panasonic and the Denon. It keeps going in and out

Is hdmi cec or hdmi control switched on, on the projector? From what I can understand, your projector is being seen as the primary control device by the receiver.

Could you attach pics of receiver's and projector's hdmi settings?

MaSh

Woill che
Is hdmi cec or hdmi control switched on, on the projector? From what I can understand, your projector is being seen as the primary control device by the receiver.

MaSh
Will check whether the hdmi cec or control is switched on at the projector end. here are are the setting on the panasonic and denon

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 14
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 14
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 14
So tried a lot of stuff, but still no luck. What i did notice is that if both the TV and Projector are on then the signal comes on the TV too. But if i switch off the projector the signal to the TV stops. Also when its just the Panasonic player the denon amp and the TV are on, i see a handshake issue between the Panasonic and the Denon. It keeps going in and out
I have a similar issue with my Denon X2300. If only TV then works fine. If i do only projector (on any HDMI out) works fine. But if i keep TV off and run projector then signal keeps losing every few minutes. If i use projector with TV on in background, then works fine !!. I tried a lot of combinations, googled etc and then gave up !! Looks like the HDMI board issue and didn't want to send for repairs.
If you find a solution, please share here.

MaSh
So, the hdmi control is not switched on , on the projector. And since that is off none of the other hdmi connect options are available. Have attached a screen shot

Attachments

• d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 10
I have a similar issue with my Denon X2300. If only TV then works fine. If i do only projector (on any HDMI out) works fine. But if i keep TV off and run projector then signal keeps losing every few minutes. If i use projector with TV on in background, then works fine !!. I tried a lot of combinations, googled etc and then gave up !! Looks like the HDMI board issue and didn't want to send for repairs.
If you find a solution, please share here.

Sure will do. its not receiver problem as i send mine back to Denon service and it came back from them saying there is no issue with it. Even resetting to original firmware did not solve it.

Sure will do. its not receiver problem as i send mine back to Denon service and it came back from them saying there is no issue with it. Even resetting to original firmware did not solve it.
I have the exact same issue on my Denon x4700h only difference is here the issue is with my Amazon 4k firestick strange

Also I saw this video which describes our very same issue

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back