Denon AVR-1612 and JBL Cinema 500

Yogeex

Hi..

Thanks for your expert advise guys. This is been really helpful to me.

I would like to pair Denon AVR-1612 and JBL Cinema 500 5.1 set. In your view, would it work well? Or should I downgrade speakers to Cinema 300?

Specifically, my query is about the sub-woofer which has output of 150w whereas the AVR supports up to 100w or something like that.

Thanks for enlightening me and help make a great decision! :clapping:

Best - Yogi

Hi..

Thanks for your expert advise guys. This is been really helpful to me.

I would like to pair Denon AVR-1612 and JBL Cinema 500 5.1 set. In your view, would it work well? Or should I downgrade speakers to Cinema 300?

Specifically, my query is about the sub-woofer which has output of 150w whereas the AVR supports up to 100w or something like that.

Thanks for enlightening me and help make a great decision! :clapping:

Best - Yogi

Denon 1612 is a very good receiver and will go well with any speaker system. What is your budget for a 5.1 system. you might be able to find something better than JBL 500.

No need to worry about subwoofer power and AVR power. The subwoofer in question is active type and we are feeding it with LFE signal from the AVR. There is no need to connect AVR amp out to the subwoofer. In addition to JBL 500 also consider Polk TL1600 and Boston Acoustics A2310.

Thanks...

Budget is limited but enough and I don't want to be too greedy. Thanks for the advice on sub-woofer output.

I just want to make sure that speakers are as good as the AVR. Didn't like the Denon speakers.

Thanks again for sharing!:yahoo:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back