Denon AVR 1909 or ?

Gurudristi

I discovered this forum some time back, since my Denon Receiver was giving problems and I was looking for a service workshop in Mumbai since I have recently moved in from Singapore.

Finally, I found PROfx who is the official agent of Denon in India and they initially refused to service the product since I had bought it outside India:mad:..it took me a while to tell them my whole story..until I told their sales guys that I plan to buy the 1909;) .. They finally took my AVR to service it ( with chages @ Rs5000+parts).

Now it is over 10 days and they still do not have parts(a transistor blown in the power ckt), they say they are understaffed as well and what not!!!!:(

For sure, I would have bought the Denon AVR 1909 for my bedroom... but this after sales service has really put me off, I am now looking for a similar spec AVR... Yamaha / Harman, whose after sales service is not as bad:eek:

Any suggestions would be appreciated ??

I don't think any other company will act very different as Denon did when you carry over equipment across geographic boundaries.

What you should be looking at instead are more stable systems (surprised Denon broke down) such as Yamaha or Pioneer.

BTW 5000 Rs. for AVR fix is not too bad in the big scheme of things.

I discovered this forum some time back, since my Denon Receiver was giving problems and I was looking for a service workshop in Mumbai since I have recently moved in from Singapore.

Finally, I found PROfx who is the official agent of Denon in India and they initially refused to service the product since I had bought it outside India:mad:..it took me a while to tell them my whole story..until I told their sales guys that I plan to buy the 1909;) .. They finally took my AVR to service it ( with chages @ Rs5000+parts).

Now it is over 10 days and they still do not have parts(a transistor blown in the power ckt), they say they are understaffed as well and what not!!!!:(

For sure, I would have bought the Denon AVR 1909 for my bedroom... but this after sales service has really put me off, I am now looking for a similar spec AVR... Yamaha / Harman, whose after sales service is not as bad:eek:

Any suggestions would be appreciated ??

I tend to disagree with you on the after sales service part. :(

I have bought a well respected brand officially and it should be serviced by the company's agent wherever they are present. They should not refuse to service just because I did not buy from them (PROfx, in this case).

I can agree that they may not accept to do warranty, but what about paid service? it's funny that they were not accepting paid service either!!

I had problems with Canon equipment sometime back, they not only repaired it but gave me free labour so I that I continue to remain one of their loyals.:rolleyes:

This Denon AVR is 3 year old, and it had gone in protection mode... and probably one of the transistor in the power ckt of the centre channel blew..... so much so for the protection mode!!!

I have had Denon equipment in the past and they are quite rugged and reliable....

Which other similar series in Yamaha/ Pioneer do you recommend.... What about their after sales service?:confused:

I tend to disagree with you on the after sales service part. :(

I have bought a well respected brand officially and it should be serviced by the company's agent wherever they are present. They should not refuse to service just because I did not buy from them (PROfx, in this case).

I can agree that they may not accept to do warranty, but what about paid service? it's funny that they were not accepting paid service either!!

You have a point (& every reason to disagree with me on the grounds of fairness) Your early post was not specific that they were declining repairs. That pretty much sucks. Did you try calling the headoffice and stating your issue. They might be able to do something to get your part sooner. Usually the transistor is one of the more common breakpoints. It should take only a few hours to fix it with the available part.

I have owned Yamaha and have not had a reason to go for any repairs - guess its a good thing in thsi case.

You have a point (& every reason to disagree with me on the grounds of fairness) Your early post was not specific that they were declining repairs. That pretty much sucks. Did you try calling the headoffice and stating your issue. They might be able to do something to get your part sooner. Usually the transistor is one of the more common breakpoints. It should take only a few hours to fix it with the available part.

I did call up everybody.... they say its their policy not to service:mad:..... but ultimately when I told them that I am planning to buy 1909, they agreed....

But imagine.. they don't have a simple thing like a transistor for the power circuit??? what service can they impart///That what's scared me:eek:

Any particular model of Yamaha??? What about their service?

Like I say we Indians do not even have the concept of customer service but in fact it is the after sales service vis-a-vis how I am treated that builds customer loyalty. Things like this never happen in Europe (where they value their customers) and in the U.S. (where they are scared of losing customers). Here even a biggie like Tata takes 3 days to fix my internet when its down.

BTW I do agree with you Gurudristi about taking your business elsewhere. I would do the same thing.

Thats very interesting...no preout except for SW.:pThanks for the info.... Atleast, it got Zone 2..

Actually, I was looking for a similar spec AVR to be used in my bedroom..:).. I was thinking of Yamaha, Harman, Pioneer.... But I am not sure their models and reviews....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back