Denon AVR 1909

ws_oracle

Hi

I am negotiating to buy a Denon AVR 1909 matched with Fusion 5 series speakers (5.1 channel) by Pro-Fx for Rs 50000. Is this a good buy also hows the performance of amp, in general

Thanks
Vinnet

Hi

I am negotiating to buy a Denon AVR 1909 matched with Fusion 5 series speakers (5.1 channel) by Pro-Fx for Rs 50000. Is this a good buy also hows the performance of amp, in general

Thanks
Vinnet

Depends on the type of music you listen to as well as the split between movies/music. What genres do you listen to?

Denon 1909 is a great amp and is recommend by most reviewers, regarding the speaker's can't say the same, better to go for a better brand to partner them better

Hi

Thanks
Vinnet

Hi,

I'd just purchased the Denon AVA1909 last week and finished the installation during this weekend. I am pretty amazed with the performance. It has quite some good features especially for music listeners. Movies also does pretty well.
The receiver remains pretty cool even after it has run for a few hours, unlike my previous Onkyo receiver which would be quite warm.

I also found the internal circuitry, especially the power supply unit to be quite rugged.

The only challenge which some may face is the slight difficulty in using the setup/configuration procedures, as there are quite a number of options, unlike Onkyo where the entire procedures/menus are pretty straight forward.

The video upscaling features of the Denon receiver are indeed quite good.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

NItin.

Onkyo feels more powerful due to its slightly raw/less refined sound. Works well for movies. Denon 1909 is a more evolved and better built product. Over all it is a more intelligent machine. Go by your ears, you wont regret if you by one.

I have not heard the ProfX speakers. They used to be pretty bad earlier, but now I am told that ProFx is outsourcing them. The Fusion 5 series is supposed to be better. A value for money deal, but still audition some good brands before you decide. You might get more clarity elsewhere.

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi

Thanks
Vinnet

Some of the dealers say that now "KEI" are the only distributers for DENON in India.

But as per link ( Distributors | Denon Brand Company ) Pro-Fx are listed..no trace of KEI, .........what a confusion!

Can anyone clarify/confirm who's the one here...or they both are?

Onkyo feels more powerful due to its slightly raw/less refined sound. Works well for movies. Denon 1909 is a more evolved and better built product. Over all it is a more intelligent machine. Go by your ears, you wont regret if you by one.

I have not heard the ProfX speakers. They used to be pretty bad earlier, but now I am told that ProFx is outsourcing them. The Fusion 5 series is supposed to be better. A value for money deal, but still audition some good brands before you decide. You might get more clarity elsewhere.

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi Smedhavi,

I fully agree with you, after using the Denon AVR 1909. The reason why people shy away from Denon is the complexity in setting it up, especially if they try to use the display on the avr. The workaround is to connect the avr to a tv/lcd and then use the display available on the screen to configure the AVR.

Thanks,

Nitin.

Some of the dealers say that now "KEI" are the only distributers for DENON in India.

But as per link ( Distributors | Denon Brand Company ) Pro-Fx are listed..no trace of KEI, .........what a confusion!

Can anyone clarify/confirm who's the one here...or they both are?

KEI has tieup with Denon Malasia.They say they r distributors.They must have done contract which includes sales after service.
So we can call super dealor.

As per my knowledge KEI is the authorized distributor for India. I have seen ads in the AVMax with KEI since January, also in December there was a small snippet of an article which mentioned KEI being the new distributor and replacing profx. What i think is Profx is struggling to sell out old stocks in a situation where they have just been dumped. The Denon site never gets updated so i wont be surprised if profxs name stays on there for a while. Also Kei i think has launched some new media player called Normus or something, they call it the normus movie cube. I think Profx and kei both are reliable like even though kei is new on the scene they already distribute the best brands out there like Denon, Hitachi, Audioquest, Dune, and now something called Normus. Profx is still stuck to tradiotional brands of speakers and alike. I dont know but every dealer seems to be buying Denon from kei. I know all this because a friend of mine worls with one of these publications called AvMax which has all the info on who is doing what in the av industry. Any questions please ask ill research and get back.

Last edited:
Hi this is Vishal from KEI, if anyone needs any clarifications on Denon, HItachi (LCDs & Plasmas), Audioquest cables, Dune Media Players and Normus, please feel free to ask.
Ah yes before i forget KEI is the new distributor of Denon in India.

KEI website will be up middle of next month. Have been adding one brand per month, hard to keep up with so many brands/models/skus. Working on it.

Is ProFX therefore no more an authorised dealer of Denon ?

I visited ProFX, and they have all the latest Denon receivers, and list Denon on their brochure.

Can someone pls clarify.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back