Denon AVR & PS3 slim

Ravee_nk

I recently bought a PS3 slim from US; I am trying to get my Denon AVR1911 to recognize the PS3 so that at least I am able to turn on and turn off the PS3 using the denon remote; so far unable to do so; any knows what the code for PS3 is if there is one? Thanks a lot! Cheers :)

Sudhish is right. PS3 uses BT technology for both the joystick and the BD remote, while Denon uses IR remote. But, you can buy locally available BT dongles made specially for PS3 remote controllers and use the Denon remote.
I have never tried this and hence cannot vouch for its functionality.

Regds / Shailender

Thanks every one! First of all the HDMI control is turned on and so it looks like it is something more than that. Another question; Ps3 is both a gaming device and a bluray player (I use it more for the latter); in Denon 1911, there are 2 separate HDMI ports one for Game and one for Bluray Disk player; I used the one for Game; is it because of that? Or Sony has deliberately designed PS3 in such way that one uses only their remote....
Once again thanks for all the responses.

Cheers

Thanks every one! First of all the HDMI control is turned on and so it looks like it is something more than that. Another question; Ps3 is both a gaming device and a bluray player (I use it more for the latter); in Denon 1911, there are 2 separate HDMI ports one for Game and one for Bluray Disk player; I used the one for Game; is it because of that? Or Sony has deliberately designed PS3 in such way that one uses only their remote....
Once again thanks for all the responses.

Cheers

You can always retry using the other port, however in my opinion the Game / BD labels are just for tallying with the corresponding input buttons on the Denon Remote so that you know what input you are switching to.

On your PS3, can you confirm this
Settings -> System Settings -> "Control for HDMI" is on?

Thanks again! Yeah I have ensured the HDMI control is "ON" in both. In the input assigning, there are ONLY 3 codes for Sony and all three failed :( Strangely when the local utility power goes off and the back-up power kicks on (common in Bangalore)... PS3's controller can not turn on power.... one has to turn on the power switch on the unit. Well... as of now little walk up and down to turn on/off the PS3.

Use the PS button on the PS3 to switch on the PS3(Works only if you have properly shutdown the PS3 perviously).

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back