Denon AVR-X1500h or Pioneer VSX-LX302 Suggestions Please

Immu

Hello all, My hunt for an AVR is back again, wanted to take a dip in the Dolby Atmos & DTS-X world, Looking for an budget 7.1 AVR with these features, i've these systems in mind need your opinion,
1. Denon avr-x1500h - could not find any professional reviews online, i could see good review on x1400h do not know what's the major difference in x1500,
https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/denon-avr-x1400h
2. Pioneer vsx-933 not sure if this one is available in India again there is no reviews online, vsx-932 is available but less power output only 130watt/channel,
3. Last but not the least Pioneer vsx-lx302 little above my budget again no professional reviews available online, consumes more power 580kilowatt,
These are the three systems in my mind now, please you guys can suggest me if there is any alternative, considering 50% movies and 50% for Music,
I was chatting with (elango) our FM yesterday in regards to upgrading my sub to Taga SW10, but last night decided to change/upgrade my entire system thanks once again for all your suggestions for my first HT setup with pioneer vsx531 & Taga 506v2, I am very happy and really impressed with the sound quality with the system.

please you guys can suggest me if there is any alternative, considering 50% movies and 50% for Music,

I would say, delay your AVR purchase for some more time and consider a 9 channel Onkyo TX NR 787, a 5.1.4 capable AVR out of the box..Not sure of its aval in India..

When you upgrade, it better be with more overheads.. at-least an option of having 4 of them..

When you upgrade, it better be with more overheads.. at-least an option of having 4 of them..[/QUOTE
I would say, delay your AVR purchase for some more time and consider a 9 channel Onkyo TX NR 787, a 5.1.4 capable AVR out of the box..Not sure of its aval in India..

When you upgrade, it better be with more overheads.. at-least ann option of having 4 of them..
Thanks for your input elango, again budget i have to consider those 9 channels will be more expensive, may be in future i can upgrade,
wanted to get suggestion for speakers as well wanted to stick to TAGA, let me finalize on my AVR then will open a different thread on speakers section,[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input elango, again budget i have to consider those 9 channels will be more expensive, may be in future i can upgrade,

At the moment, it retails for US $649 (Approx 42K INR).. As time goes, prices may fall further in US.. With Onkyo India we can imagine the pricing :p

Anyways keep an eye on this AVR price..

If not, Denon x 1400..

wanted to get suggestion for speakers as well wanted to stick to TAGA, let me finalize on my AVR then will open a different thread on speakers section

Sure..

At the moment, it retails for US $649 (Approx 42K INR).. As time goes, prices may fall further in US.. With Onkyo India we can imagine the pricing :p

Anyways keep an eye on this AVR price..

If not, Denon x 1400..

why not Denon x1500?

Sure..

Hello all, My hunt for an AVR is back again, wanted to take a dip in the Dolby Atmos & DTS-X world, Looking for an budget 7.1 AVR with these features, i've these systems in mind need your opinion,
1. Denon avr-x1500h - could not find any professional reviews online, i could see good review on x1400h do not know what's the major difference in x1500,
https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/denon-avr-x1400h
2. Pioneer vsx-933 not sure if this one is available in India again there is no reviews online, vsx-932 is available but less power output only 130watt/channel,
3. Last but not the least Pioneer vsx-lx302 little above my budget again no professional reviews available online, consumes more power 580kilowatt,
These are the three systems in my mind now, please you guys can suggest me if there is any alternative, considering 50% movies and 50% for Music,
I was chatting with (elango) our FM yesterday in regards to upgrading my sub to Taga SW10, but last night decided to change/upgrade my entire system thanks once again for all your suggestions for my first HT setup with pioneer vsx531 & Taga 506v2, I am very happy and really impressed with the sound quality with the system.

You can look at other AVRs too.....HifiMart is selling Marantz NR1608 within 50k........it has good reviews and NR series although slim in size can easily run floorstanding speakers.....

You can also look at Yamaha AVRs too being sold by Profx......

There are Owner threads for each of the AVR brands.....you can check and read through the comments and feedback from owners there to get an idea so you can then take a final call of which brand and which AVR type....

All the best!

why not Denon x1500?

Sure, you can.. But, Denon x 1500 being latest series, may not be discounted.. But x 1400 being last year model, more chances of getting/negotiating discount..

Also x 1500 should the same model as x 1400 with some add-on features..

You can look at other AVRs too.....HifiMart is selling Marantz NR1608 within 50k........it has good reviews and NR series although slim in size can easily run floorstanding speakers.....

You can also look at Yamaha AVRs too being sold by Profx......

There are Owner threads for each of the AVR brands.....you can check and read through the comments and feedback from owners there to get an idea so you can then take a final call of which brand and which AVR type....

All the best!
Not sure of Marantz where i can audition but i can check for Denon x1500h not sure of Yamaha if they have for audition! in Pro Fx.

Sure, you can.. But, Denon x 1500 being latest series, may not be discounted.. But x 1400 being last year model, more chances of getting/negotiating discount..

Also x 1500 should the same model as x 1400 with some add-on features..
if the sound signature is same as x1400 will pick it up.

Not sure of Marantz where i can audition but i can check for Denon x1500h not sure of Yamaha if they have for audition! in Pro Fx.

There are ample dealers in Bangalore, I am sure you will be able to find a dealer who has Marantz available for audition. Reach out to @MaSh for possible places. Profx deals with Yamaha and so they would definitely have the same in stock....always call before visiting any dealer to confirm on availability and demo of the product.

Here are some names and addresses i could find through google...hope it helps....

https://www.google.co.in/search?rlz...!3d12.983127922737758!3m2!1i1500!2i829!4f13.1

There are ample dealers in Bangalore, I am sure you will be able to find a dealer who has Marantz available for audition. Reach out to @MaSh for possible places. Profx deals with Yamaha and so they would definitely have the same in stock....always call before visiting any dealer to confirm on availability and demo of the product.

Here are some names and addresses i could find through google...hope it helps....

https://www.google.co.in/search?rlz...!3d12.983127922737758!3m2!1i1500!2i829!4f13.1
Thanks for you guidline will check it for sure..

One of our FM "Praveen" has all three models : Pioneer LX302, Denon X1400 & Marantz NR1608 i wish he could share his Personal Experience/opinion
about the comparison between these AVR's will be an great help, posted a request sometime back but there is no reply from him yet, if some body is in touch with him please ask him to, PFB the link for the same..
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/denon-avrx1400h-vs-marantz-nr-1607-1608.68748/page-3

Hi

He will provide his experience....if you refer to that specific thread, i did provide a comparision of X1200 vs NR1606......(it will be X1400 vs NR1608 today).

Pioneer may seem nice but somehow, I found something lacking.....(performance wise using the same content and speakers).

Anyways, suggest you wait for his inputs and then take a call....

Hello all, Just wanted to check on the durability of the AVR's, is that something we have to be aware of ?
I was trying to check some reviews on the Avr's on amazon.com i could see the customers reviews on Denon avr-x2400h, i think 30% turns out to be a defective units or it works for some days and then it stopped or some issue,
and there is only one customer review on new model Denon avr-x2500h he claims the unit had issue with 4k pass-through,
Guys what is your opinion on this durability issue?

Overall the built quality has changed over the years...most seem to manufacture using cheap materials ....its only the top or high end models which have good built quality, components and performance.

Overall the built quality has changed over the years...most seem to manufacture using cheap materials ....its only the top or high end models which have good built quality, components and performance.
Then what'll happen to people like us who wanted an budget/mid-range avr? we have to keep our fingers crossed when we buying?

Unfortunately yes.....if we want an AVR and we want something within a specific budget then no choice......most have given feedback.....not useful as then manufacturers would have taken it seriously and done something about it.

Anyway my pioneer vsx531 is still working great not an single issue till now, it pass-through 4k with out any issue, i am thinking is it better to buy pioneer alone coz i never experienced another brand and i also seen reviews with less defects,
one thing i like about this model is there is an option called Extended Stereo, while listing to pop/rock Music which has very good beats, when you chose Extended Stereo you get to hear the 2 channel stereo played in all 5.1 speakers and the sub also getting an extra boost of power which makes the room rock, is this option or slimier option available is other brands as well?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back