Denon AVR-X500 Vs X1000

rkperumala

Hello Audio / Video experts ,

I'm from Hyderabad. Past 1 week I've been looking at hifivision forums, which are very usefull.

I'm looking to buy a new Home theater. I used to have an Onkyo HTS3500(B), but i have to dispose it due to center channel not working & over heat issues. I'm looking to buy Denon x500 or X1000.

Please guide me in choosing AVR & a 5.1 channel speaker system. I love good BASS & watch movies a lot.

My overall budget is around 45k (can be extended a bit 5k)

Usage :
Movies 70%
Music 20%
TV 10%

Thanks in advance to all you guys.

Thanks for the suggestion Pramod,
I have that budget set for HT Setups. I was looking for a network connectivity feature included, so I was inclined towards Demon x1000.

Kindly please suggest more.

RK

As a dealer told me sound quality is same between X500 and x1000, the advantage of X1000 is network features and bluetooth. Yamaha 477 is a worthy competitor for X1000.

For the budget 45K u can get only Denon X 500 ,if u want X1000 with speaker u need to slighty increase in ur budget (approx 60k) ..Based on my experience X500 is a very good system for movies...

Hello Audio / Video experts ,

I'm from Hyderabad. Past 1 week I've been looking at hifivision forums, which are very usefull.

I'm looking to buy a new Home theater. I used to have an Onkyo HTS3500(B), but i have to dispose it due to center channel not working & over heat issues. I'm looking to buy Denon x500 or X1000.

Please guide me in choosing AVR & a 5.1 channel speaker system. I love good BASS & watch movies a lot.

My overall budget is around 45k (can be extended a bit 5k)

Usage :
Movies 70%
Music 20%
TV 10%

Thanks in advance to all you guys.

For a 50K budget, if you buy a new AVR + new speakers it might sound slightly better than your current set up..... Instead consider the below options...

Option 1 - Retain your current AVR, upgrade your speakers alone.. I mean 5 speakers alone...Your HTIB package has passive subwoofer, so you can't upgrade them now.... This will defnetly give you a improved performance which is immediately noticeable

When you have completed upgrading your speakers, upgrade your AVR & subwoofer together..

Option 2 - Upgrade your AVR with network features & buy an active subwoofer, retain the current speakers.... You can easily fix your center channel speaker by contacting Onkyo.. Shouldn't cost you more bugs...Upgrade only your fronts (Left, Center & Right) speakers & reuse the current speakers for surround's & effect speakers.....

Hi

Both are good AVRs..the key is for you to do a side by side comparison when it comes to features, performance and budget.....you need to factor in after sales service and cost. End of the day it needs to appeal to you. Would recommend you audition both AVRs using the same set / brand of speakers with your taste of music and movies and decide.

efernand1,

I'm almost in final conclusion of getting a Marantz NR 1504 with BA XS 5.1

Looking at your signature I thought I can re quote this Q here while I did open a new thread on the same.

Kindly please share your exp on this combination.

Thanks
RK

Hi

Used the same over a year now and the experience is awesome. Better VFM and quality. You need to ensure that you do the right settings. Speaker cables (Oxygen Free Cables OFC) matter and so does the HDMI cables....all these if of proper gauge and brand will ensure stellar performance....

All the best.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back