Denon DRA 365 R Stereo Receiver

sgautam

Dear friends

I was looking to buy a cheap amplifier to drive normal speakers for TV usage at my native. This was primarily for parents. Surprisingly some one was selling the said one near my hometown. Went and checked and bought it immediately since everything was working including the tuner.

When I came home I removed my old Yamaha stereo amp and connected this to the diamond 10.1s. the combination sounded quite good and was very different to Yamahas presentation. It was quite soothing while the Yamaha was exciting and a bit forward sounding. Can listen for long hours. And it was extremely powerful. I need not cross the 40% volume for the loudest sound.

I am used to Denon tuners so nothing special to note. I read that this receiver had the TU260 internals for Tuner section and it sounded similar. Good sensitivity as well.

I am happy with the purchase, my earlier experiment with Akai didn't go well because it needed some restoration. But this is well maintained and looks good for the age. More importantly it sounds very good. Should sound better with BA A26s and also will set up properly tomm and give a try.

Meanwhile please let me know your insights on these amps, even the Denon 565 etc are similar and I will gain from your experiences and upgrades. Pl chip in, thanks a ton

Cheers

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back