Denon + Jamo Setup - Help required

ValueChanakya

Hi,

I have been reading the posts and have been to a few shops to understand the systems. Based on what I have heard (including Polk, yamaha, denon, onkyo, pioneer, harman kardon, JBL, etc.) I have now narrowed it down to Denon + Jamo setup.

I am planning to buy Denon 1312xp (5.1 setup), whose speakers I would put in my bedroom and 1312 will be paired with Jamo floorstanding package in the living room with a switcher so that I can play either in the bedroom or in the living room.

Few questions:

1. does this setup looks fine or can I get better at equivalent prices. 1312xp comes for around 30k, Jamo floorstanding 22k. so total of 52k. Would xp's active sub-woofer work fine with Jamo.
2. The question is the distance between the living room and bedroom is around 30 feet so would the speaker wires would be able to take the distance well without problem.
3. would a switcher for changing cables fine or does anyone has better ideas. should I do switcher at all or is that a bad idea.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks a ton.

P.S. just to add, my living room is 12*16 and my bedroom is 11*13. living room has lots of windows and an open kitchen so lots of places where the sound can leak from.

Guys please advise.
Thanks.

Last edited:
a little powerful than 1312 will be better like 1612....
whqat was your experience was the 1312xps avr that is 1312 was easily driving jamo floorstanders.....if you are satisfied.its okay.
for more distance use lower gauge thick cable(thicker than neccesary)

one thing not clear why would you want sub running while jamo fs will be running....?

1312 should have a B section...why do you need switch,
you can connect 2 FS stereo set up with that B section
and 5 speaker set in A section.......
sub in sub pre out...
I mean I am not very expert..thought thats the easy way...
by avr remote you can just click and select A section or B section.

Thanks Prosenjit,

I have no idea for this, if that is possible directly it is great. Forgive my basic understanding.

Do you think we can have a better setup than this for around the same or a little higher price. If I do not take 1312xp then the Denon speaker system is not available seperately, which means that the cost goes up.

Do let me know your thoughts.

Thanks a lot.

Which floorstander from Jamo do you have in mind?

The s3400 you have in your sig is a better package overall for everything. Why another denon when you have the s3400?

Which floorstander from Jamo do you have in mind?

The s3400 you have in your sig is a better package overall for everything. Why another denon when you have the s3400?

nono he needs....
not me.my wife will throw me from house if I buy a new system in spite of having onk 3400......:lol:

chanayakaya I maen did you paired the jamo with 1312 avr....in showroom.
yes budget is a concern offfcourse.
then my idea is get a 1612 around 29k and get 2 floorstanders...for music in drawing room

get just a powerfull polk centre for bedroom....with only one centre you will enjoy the movies.

buy rest sub,two bedroom bookshelf,2 bedroom surrounds later when high in budget.

dont compromise quality in a hurry.

step by step.

Last edited:
I did pair with Jamo 406 i believe, felt good to me. Paired 1612 with Polk small speakers, wasn't impressed, clear sound but no depth.

Going one by one sounds good, will pair 1612 with Jamo and see. Any other floorstanders you would like to advise, heard pioneer and JBL but wasn't impressed.

Thanks.

Back