DENON Owners thread

RajithKumar

Hi All,
I'm starting this thread just for the following reasons..

To discuss the news,updates ,prices & reviews of the Denon new products (particularly AVR's)

To discuss the pros & cons of the products..

To know the nearest point of the product availability & dealers details.

To share service of Denon dealers & service centers...

Thanks in advance..

Rajith

Thanks for the initiative,

My receiver 3312 has not received any firmware update since the release of 3313. I think once DENON introduce a successive version they just forget older version.

There is an option for adding new feature and I never saw it in action.

I have heard of issues arising in Denon receivers. There is a thread around that. However, I have to narrate a success story which may or may not be in the spirit of the thread.

I am an extremely happy and proud owner of a Denon top-of-the-line receiver AVC-A1SRA. This amp is so well built and performs so admirably that despite having put it on sale once, I get jittery with the thought of parting with this amp. Amazing build and great sound. This amp is so well-built, it has survived many overseas shipping and is still going strong. I have never had a single issue with this amp, neither a hardware nor a software issue. Touching wood.

I till date own a very old Denon AVR-1604 and am still using it since past 11 years. This was carried from US and usrs a step down transformer. This model was atleast 6 times cheaper to get from US than purchasing. in India in 2003. Not looking for any replacement and am happy with it.

I own a Denon AVR 3803 and want to just say the same thing as Ranjeetrain has said.

No service issues, get jittery whenever the thought of putting it for sale comes on. Never want to put it on sale ever.

I want to get an AVC-A1SRA in the future maybe. That is my target buy funds permitting.

I love my denon avr 1611. No complaints. Just that the power on hard button (not on remote but on avr) sometimes doesn't respond and I have to press at various angles and even tend to rotate the knob while pressing and it works. Easier way is when I use remote to switch on and off.

I have a denon integrated PMA2000ivr for many years now as my main amplifier , and it still sounds smooth,warm and solid and with a recent upgrade of a good power cable (audio art) and good speaker cables (jps labs biwire) has probably delayed my amp upgrade for some more time.
cheers

Last edited:
I own the Denon AVR 3312 for over 2 years and havent had any issues so far and pleased with this purchase

Am I entitled for the club since I have ordered DENON AVR X1000, but still yet to be delivered .. :)

My receiver 3312 has not received any firmware update since the release of 3313. I think once DENON introduce a successive version they just forget older version.

If it ain't broke, do not try to fix it. Leave the AVR as it is. Just an sincere opinion.

Yeah.. denons are good (infact i also enjoy). But there are few flaws within the avr..

1. Audyssey: you will understand it only when you start configuring things manually (sound output, eq's etc)
2. The audy settings will be automatically re-setted when you dont use it for long
3. Cant be paired with bright speakers (its not a drawback)
4. Firmware for older one ???

Why not someone buy Ranjeetrain's AVR instead?

The hulking monster of an AVR "AVCA1SRA" ? He was offering it If I am not wrong at Rs 50,000?

PS: I have no affiliation to Ranjeetrain on this, just a thought which occurred to me.

For all future owners of Denon AVRs, look for older gems, compared to them most of the newer ones are absolute rubbish.

Vinod

Even am expecting firmware update since 2012

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back