Denon with Klipsch speakers?

mands

Hi,

This is my first posting but I have been reading this for the past 2 weeks.

I am actually looking for a decent HT system and not the best of best.
I did buy Klipsch Quintet IV Synergy Speaker System (comes with just the 5 speakers) in US for $350.00. I actually wanted the bars for the front but can not carry those as they are huge. I have short listed the Denon 591. Would this be an over kill for the speakers I bought? Should I go with Denon 391? I will also look at any other suggestions the experts give.

Other question, Since I can not carry the sub from US, am planing to buy in India. What is the cost of Klipsch - 10" 450W in Hyd. Is it available? And also how much would it cost if I have to buy a a sub made locally with similar config? Are local subs suggested?

And lastly, can you suggest what kind of a wiring should I buy for connecting these speakers. I was thinking 12AWG for front and center and 14AWG for rear. Is that okay?

Some info- I will be usiing it 60% move and 40% music. The area is 9X17, and budget is upto 30K for sub and receiver. I have not decided whether to buy the AVR in US or India yet.

Many questions here but would appreciate your help on this and thanks for reading it patiently.

Hi! mands!!
welcome to the HiFiVision,
I bought Klipsch 10" sub two years ago along with F1 from E-zone Hyderabad for around 18.5K (only sub's rate). I don't know whether it is available now.

when buying amplification theres nothing like overkill ( at least not in my books when you have decent speakers that is)
if you can get the 591 ( afford it) please do buy it all means

wiring for a HT 14gauge would actually be fine for all speakers except the sub ( also it would be cheaper if you got a single gauge roll )
for the sub i just double up ( only when it is meant to do HT duty)

Thank you Chem and magma... Thanks a lot for replying.

I'll check if Klipsch 10" sub are still sold in Hyd... If not available, is getting a local made sub suggested? I heard from some of my friends in US that you do get some local brand subs that works great with a HT System in the US. if yes, can anyone suggest where we can get those in Hyd.

Magma.. thanks for mentioning about the wiring... I'll stick with 14gauge wiring...But what do you actually mean by 'double up' for a sub? what kind of wire would that be? I have also decided on Denon 591... I may go for it.

Thank you guys...

doubling up means using a pair or 14AWG ( or any gauge for that matter ) wires and twisting the ends together to make a single wire
now use two of these for your sub

this is not exactly ideal
but for a budget HT sub this will do just fine

Thank you midnite and magma too...

I have one more question... may have been asked before by other HFV users...
Denon 1191 is another version of 791 which is agreed by all... I saw the back panel of Denon 1191 and it says 230V ~50Hz... if we buy this in US do we still need the conversion transformer.. I have seen lot of ppl who said they bought 1191 and still looking for the transformer 220V to 120V..

Am i missing anything... Appreciate if someone who bought 1191 can clarify this.

Thank you soo much guys.. I did learn a lot of things from this site.. thanks to HIIVISION.com!!!

Thank you midnite and magma too...

I have one more question... may have been asked before by other HFV users...
Denon 1191 is another version of 791 which is agreed by all... I saw the back panel of Denon 1191 and it says 230V ~50Hz... if we buy this in US do we still need the conversion transformer.. I have seen lot of ppl who said they bought 1191 and still looking for the transformer 220V to 120V..

Many companies provide a numbering system specific to a region. While the regular numbers for Denon processors are 1911, 2311, etc, in the US they are numbered as 791, 991, etc. These numbers will have only 110 volts, and you would certainly need a step down transformer.

Cheers

Venkat, I saw Denon 1911 that is sold in amazon.com and if you look at the back panel it says 230V. I wanted to paste the amazon link but i am not if I can do that in this forum. if you search on 'Denon 1911' in amazon and look the second picture which is the back panel of the AVR it says 230V.

Sorry to mention about this again... I was confused by reading different threads when the 1911 sold in US is 230V and not 110V.

Venkat, I saw Denon 1911 that is sold in amazon.com and if you look at the back panel it says 230V. I wanted to paste the amazon link but i am not if I can do that in this forum. if you search on 'Denon 1911' in amazon and look the second picture which is the back panel of the AVR it says 230V.

Sorry to mention about this again... I was confused by reading different threads when the 1911 sold in US is 230V and not 110V.

As I said before, 1911 is a non-US model number and, depending upon where it is sold, will carry 2220-240V capability. The x91 series are US centered, and will accept only 110 volts.

If you see a Denon 1911 in an US centric site, and it says 220-240 Volts, please call up the site to confirm. Some of the sites may cut and paste images without realising what they are doing.

Cheers

Hi venkat.. I think what you said is possible... pictures could be different.. I will call them and find out. I will update you on this.

Thanks for your patient replies..

I checked with the seller on Amazon and also called Amazon, though they have pics that say 220V, they are still selling 110V only... pics are wrong... Though the prices are tempting here in US, I have luggage constraint... so haven't bought one yet...

I did buy the 16AWG wires for the set up.. need to get the AVR and a sub..

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience... I managed to bring the Klipsch Quintet IV Synergy 5.0 Speaker System and Denon 1911 from US. I have to buy a sub now. I called up few stores in Hyderabad and they are not carrying KLIPSCH sub. I am actually looking for a SW450 if this is not available will go with Klipsch SW350. Since Klispsch is not available what do u you suggest me to go for. How would a velodyne sub go with the speakers and AVR I have.

Thanks in advance.

Our forum member Hassan Khani was selling his Klipsch sub. Do check with him if he still has it available ? . Or else you can contact cinebels bangalore for Klipsch sub.

Hi Kittu, Thanks for the fast response... How do I locate Hassan Khani in this forum. I am in Hyderabad and for now not planning to go to Bangalore. Are you suggesting on getting it shipped to Hyd?.

Last edited:
Any suggestiins for a sub woofer (preferably 10") for my Denon 1911 and Klipsch Quintent 5.0 speakers? Would appreciate the gurus advise on this.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back