Denon X1200 with Atmos upgrade

bravo236

Hello Everyone,

I have recently signed up on this warehouse of knowledge of AV stuff. However, I have been reading through forum posts & topic for over 2 weeks in order to help me decide my first AVR purchase.

After lot of reading, few auditions & judging my budget, I had decided to go for Denon X 1100 as my first purchase. Then I came across this Denon X1200 on Amazon Denon AVR-X1200W 7.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD A/V Receiver with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi: Amazon.in: Electronics

Now I am confused whether its worth going for this new model at this price as ProFx website lists X1100 at 49.5K. X1200 model is set to get Atmos & DTS X update with firmware & its launched in June in US.

My queries are:

1. Do you people have any feedback on this Denon X1200?

2. Is it worth going for this AVR from Amazon.in , the seller is Grabmore India?

3. Any idea if this model is available in India yet through dealerships or when is it expected?

4. What will be good floorstanders/Centre channel speakers to pair with this if I go for it? Budget upto 30 for FS.

I can really use some guidance & experience of the forum members on this one & appreciate all help.

Thanks

Rohan

Hi,

My queries are:

1. Do you people have any feedback on this Denon X1200?

X2100 is Atmos enabled. All other features are same with X1100. Getting this one will be lil bit futuristic. Surround sound technologies keep on changing every year. So go for AVR as per budget. No need to over spend on AVR.

2. Is it worth going for this AVR from Amazon.in , the seller is Grabmore India?

No need to buy AVR from Amazon until you have some better deals. You can go to dealer in your town who can give you AVR on cheaper rates compared with Amazon. You can surely negotiate more for discount.

3. Any idea if this model is available in India yet through dealerships or when is it expected?

X1200 is already available in India. Discuss with dealers around your town and they will arrange demo for you.

4. What will be good floorstanders/Centre channel speakers to pair with this if I go for it? Budget upto 30 for FS.

With Budget of 30K, its always better to go with BS. But you cannot have BS and centre channel within this budget. Their are lot of BS speaker available in market. Wharfedale, Polk, Dali, Tannoy are couple of budget brands.

Hope I had answered your queries.

BR//
B Patel

Denon x1200w is the latest addition and Dolby Atmos DTS:X capable. Prefer this to 1100, as i dont see any other AVR in this budget with Dolby Atmos.

Denon x1200w is the latest addition and Dolby Atmos DTS:X capable. Prefer this to 1100, as i dont see any other AVR in this budget with Dolby Atmos.

Yes you can get X1200 for 41K in India. You can also check for Onkyo (I guess it is 737) for Dolby Atmos capable AVR.

But my friend do we really need Atmos enable AVR. Even regular AVR are sufficient for home use. You can study more about Atmos technology from Google. I don't think their would be much of difference (though I had yet not listened to such setup). Just for info, higher models of Denon are capable of Auro 3D surround sound.

Good luck with your setup hunt.

BR//
B Patel

Thanks a ton for your insights & information.

I had kept aside 50k for receiver, if I can get X1200 for 41k in Delhi,I will add the balance funds for the speakers. I was not very keen on Atmos but if I am getting it within my budget, than why not go for lil future proofing.:)

I currently have old Bookshelf of Aiwa, they are in good condition, have decent sound & I have checked the power ratings.
I am thinking of starting off with my current speakers & adding a center channel speaker in the beginning & later getting FS. Right now my budget for FS is 30k

@bhavin Any leads where I can find X1200 in 41k in Delhi? Would be of great help.

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks a ton for your insights & information.

I had kept aside 50k for receiver, if I can get X1200 for 41k in Delhi,I will add the balance funds for the speakers. I was not very keen on Atmos but if I am getting it within my budget, than why not go for lil future proofing.:)

I currently have old Bookshelf of Aiwa, they are in good condition, have decent sound & I have checked the power ratings.
I am thinking of starting off with my current speakers & adding a center channel speaker in the beginning & later getting FS. Right now my budget for FS is 30k

@bhavin Any leads where I can find X1200 in 41k in Delhi? Would be of great help.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

50K for AVR is very decent amount. I am trying something out these days to understand best possible way to get AVR at minimum cost. If you are not in hurry you can wait for my feedback of AVR purchase.

With 30K you can start off with decent pair of BS. You will surely get tremendous difference between those BS and Aiwa speakers.

I will PM you contact details of person who can give you better deals on X1200.

BR//
Bhavin

Guys, I had been eying Denon X1100W and now I am told 1100W is discontinued and replaced by X1200W; which only adds ATMOS; while I am sensitive on budget, I am also not very keen on X1200; so can anyone tell me where I can find X1100W in Mumbai at good price?

Guys, I had been eying Denon X1100W and now I am told 1100W is discontinued and replaced by X1200W; which only adds ATMOS; while I am sensitive on budget, I am also not very keen on X1200; so can anyone tell me where I can find X1100W in Mumbai at good price?

Hi Amit,

Even I had almost finalized X1100 when I noticed X1200 is coming. Moreover, it not only Atmos, it will also support DTS X after firmware update. I have checked the DTS X Headphone Demo here & found it interesting Headphone:X

So when I am going for a new AVR, I believe its better to go for some new technology if I can afford it. Moreover, my preference in music & movies is 50:50 so it makes all the more sense.

I believe X1100 is still in stock & is also available at Profx outlets & their website.

Good luck

Hi All,

I am from Kerala. I would like to buy Denon X 1200.Kindly send me the price and availability. Also I am planning to get Polk Audio T50 Tower speakers. Kindly update me the details. :eek:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back