Denon X1600 vs X3600

Perfect

Hello Everyone ,

I have been looking to buy a new receiver in the upcoming days. I know both are in different segment ranges.

1.My Room dimensions are 16 x 10 ( Living Room ) , I would like to experience ATMOS content : D
2. How much diff would the XT32 offer over XT (In calibration , is it worth it)
3. I have decided on Polk S55 speakers , and for subwoofer I havent finalized one (since many subs , dont justify the price ratio when compared to US price markets)
4.Should i stick with 7.2 or The 9.2 is worth the extra money (pls do note that , it is not a DEDICATED room )
5. Or should i invest the extra money in good quality sub or better centre channel.

XT32 anyday.
1. nice
2. Lots. XT32 with all its filters and dual sub independent filtering and eq is amazing when done right.
3. No electronics justifies india vs US price. Get the best you can afford either in India or us.
4. Your call entirely imho.
5. Better is always Better. Centre if present is the most important speaker.

MaSh

Thanks for the response MaSh , So I have leaned towards XT32 then

And one more thing ,

1. Given my room dimensions , An Average Indian Living Room Size :D , I m not sure , whether the 9.2 / 11.2 would feel too much of speakers. Or its worth the shot
2. If that extra channels are worth the experience , then i would take a plunge and more over are there many true 9.2 content to take advantage of the same.

I m just a noob , trying to learning from other peoples experience : )

XT32 really is ahead in terms of SQ and it is your call to decide if a 9.2 or a 11.2 setup is better....my suggestion is to audition these kind of setups....you would audition them in actual demo rooms which would be treated / dedicated for the HT experience.....

You need to factor your place where you will install this system and decide the kind of speakers (Bookshelf or satellite or Front Floor standing types) to be added as part of the setup.

It would be advisable also to audition other brands, you should not regret your purchase later citing some drawbacks or limitations...dont rush...read the dedicated threads of brands like Denon or Marantz or Yamaha ....

Most who are on a budget would get a good AVR and add good speakers slowly ...first steps the fronts and sub then center then the surrounds etc etc...it all depends on how much funds you have ready to spend and build your system.......

No system is future proof so invest in good speakers which will deliver almost all frequencies between the 20hz and 20khz segment....if there are speaker systems which can output almost all frequencies in this spectrum range, then you will not miss the punch and clarity...speakers are made accordingly and each of them have a limited range of frequencies they can output.

Audition is key and so are reading reviews, end user experiences and even seeing some YouTube videos...

All the best

Hello Everyone ,

I have been looking to buy a new receiver in the upcoming days. I know both are in different segment ranges.

1.My Room dimensions are 16 x 10 ( Living Room ) , I would like to experience ATMOS content : D
3. I have decided on Polk S55 speakers , and for subwoofer I havent finalized one (since many subs , dont justify the price ratio when compared to US price markets)
4.Should i stick with 7.2 or The 9.2 is worth the extra money (pls do note that , it is not a DEDICATED room )
5. Or should i invest the extra money in good quality sub or better centre channel.

Hello...

1. Great...Atmos is the way to go.
2. For more challenging rooms, xt32 will calibrate better than XT, specially for bass. But, it's not the only reason 3600 is better than 1600. Thers way more additional features available on 3600 like additional channels, preouts for external amplification, additional HDMI out and so on....if i have the money, i would choose 3600 over 1600 anyday, even if i would be using it only for 5.2.1 setup.
3. Like @efernand1 said, audition different brands and make a call. The final sound is always a system and never only on avr or speakers alone. For US products, cost is high. For European products, prices are competitive.
4. 5.4.2 will give you the best Atmos experience. To get best atmos result, 4 overhead speakers are must.
5. As per me, for a home theatre setup, centre and subwoofer are the most important thing. You could watch an entire movie with just these 2. Choose a speaker range, which has good centre channel. Speakers are usually the last thing which requires update, so take your time, do auditions as much as possible and invest wisely on the best speakers you can afford. The best way is always to build a system slowly, if you cannot put in all money together. My advise would be to first audition and finalise your complete system and then slowly start building your system as allowed by your budget and savings.

Its 5.2.4 or 5.1.2 ... your atmos representation is incorrect ...

Thanks for the response MaSh , So I have leaned towards XT32 then

And one more thing ,

1. Given my room dimensions , An Average Indian Living Room Size :D , I m not sure , whether the 9.2 / 11.2 would feel too much of speakers. Or its worth the shot
2. If that extra channels are worth the experience , then i would take a plunge and more over are there many true 9.2 content to take advantage of the same.

I m just a noob , trying to learning from other peoples experience : )

Get the receiver with xt32 and build a simple 5.2 or even 5.1 setup. Set that as your first milestone. This should build your knowledge as well as give you a direction for future additions. Go step by step, that's where the fun is.

MaSh

GO FOR DENON X3600H and have peace of mind. audition receiver with ur Polk S55 speakers ,go to pro fx ,they will demo both receivers .
Try all routes for receiver purchase which are cheaper than showrooms , as ur from Chennai .

Hello Everyone ,

+1 for an AVR with XT32..

Even a living room of 16 x 10 is good enough for 5.1.4 (or) 7.1.4, depending on which side of the room you intend to use..

Hi, if you have friends/relatives coming from US, Denon 3600H is listed on Amazon.com for $899. Only downside is that you need a step-down transformer to use it in India.

Hi, if you have friends/relatives coming from US, Denon 3600H is listed on Amazon.com for $899. Only downside is that you need a step-down transformer to use it in India.

For now, in Singapore, it's available for 1066$, which comes out to 56000rs and it dosent need a step down transformer.
Surprisingly, x3600 is priced quite low in Singapore, for a new model.

Hi All ,

Finally have decided to go for Denon x3600H , Now its time for front speakers first .. I have the below list in mind. And its mostly for movies and tv series. And i will listen to music as well. (70 : 30 )

1. Polk S55
2. ELac Debut 5.2
3.Wharfedale Crystal 4.3
4.Wharfedale Diamond 230 Towers and i am open to any other option as well.

And I am mostly into towers.

Even though , I was leaning towards Polk S55 , I just wanted to find is there any other option available other than that.

Last edited:
Hi All ,

Finally have decided to go for Denon x3600H , Now its time for front speakers first .. I have the below list in mind. And its mostly for movies and tv series. And i will listen to music as well. (70 : 30 )

1. Polk S55
2. ELac Debut 5.2
3.Wharfedale Crystal 4.3

Even though , I was leaning towards Polk S55 , I just wanted to find is there any other option available other than that.
I 1s heard polk s series they sound thin, elac is way better than polk then 2nd option option would be 230.

Hi All ,

1. Polk S55
2. ELac Debut 5.2
3.Wharfedale Crystal 4.3

Hi,
Have you purchased the Speakers and Receiver? Please update!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back