Denon X1700H purchase decision

manivas

Dear Friends,

I am planning to upgrade my AV receiver Yamaha HTR 2071 to Denon X1700 H.
Got an offer for Denon X1700H at 73,000/- from Surat Dealer

Kindly suggest whether the price quoted is reasonable or not ?

Dear Friends,

Seems a very nice offer, go for it. I got an offer for 76k last month

Dear Friends,

Hi I am also from Hyderabad and Looking for the same reciever. Could you please PM the dealer details if possible. Thank you!

Dear Friends,

Is the dealer called "My Audio Visuals"?

All the AVR prices are going up like sky high because of the stock and chipset availability, i think we all should wait for some time just because of the demand we are creating they are increasing like crazy!

Even I am contemplating buying a new AVR since last one year. But, prices are too high and there's no guarantee that if the prices will come down. So, I have given up and sticking to my existing AVR till it lasts.
OP is getting a good deal. But, since its outstation; it will be better if OP visits and personally check.

Even I am contemplating buying a new AVR since last one year. But, prices are too high and there's no guarantee that if the prices will come down. So, I have given up and sticking to my existing AVR till it lasts.
OP is getting a good deal. But, since its outstation; it will be better if OP visits and personally check.
This will be my first AVR. So I have to buy something.
I want to go with a pre-owned one (just a basic 5.1), but if I don't find anything good I'll have to buy a new one.

Pls note PROFX is the authorised dealer for Denon in INDIA.
Its better to get from them even if its for higher price to make sure you dont run into warranty issue.

Hi..all these offers between 70-80K INR for 1700X...do they come with warranty? I live in Bangalore and wanted to upgrade my 10 year old AVR which frankly is working great...but itching for Atmos.

I have friends coming over from UK and thanks to pound going down and USD going up...buying from UK makes sense now if you add the cost of step down transformer for US buys.

I see 1700X on Amazon for 599 pounds...which at 88 INR today....is around 53K. So if the Indian one at 75K is also without warranty...than rather get it from UK. Although the tracker at Amazon UK says it was down to 530 GBP couple of months back..so I will keep tracking.

Anyone has a recent quote from Profx for the 1700X? this one says its close to a lakh..https://profx.com/avr-x1700h/

Just found this one..same guy selling on Amazon for 540 GBP....47K INR..not bad

Also not sure if residents can get VAT refunds if they they take it out of UK. At VAT rate of 20%...and selling price of 540..that makes it 450 GBP without VAT. Anyone with VAT refund experience..pls help me out..this is mouth watering prices

Last edited:
Hi..all these offers between 70-80K INR for 1700X...do they come with warranty? I live in Bangalore and wanted to upgrade my 10 year old AVR which frankly is working great...but itching for Atmos.

I have friends coming over from UK and thanks to pound going down and USD going up...buying from UK makes sense now if you add the cost of step down transformer for US buys.

I see 1700X on Amazon for 599 pounds...which at 88 INR today....is around 53K. So if the Indian one at 75K is also without warranty...than rather get it from UK. Although the tracker at Amazon UK says it was down to 530 GBP couple of months back..so I will keep tracking.

Anyone has a recent quote from Profx for the 1700X? this one says its close to a lakh..https://profx.com/avr-x1700h/

Also not sure if residents can get VAT refunds if they they take it out of UK. At VAT rate of 20%...and selling price of 540..that makes it 450 GBP without VAT. Anyone with VAT refund experience..pls help me out..this is mouth watering prices
In addition to that there is import duty of 29.8% + Handling by amazon. Correct me if i am missing anything

Residents do not get VAT refund.

Dear Friends,

I have received a quote for 79.5k for Denon X2700H. I can connect you with the dealer if interested.

I got Denon AVR S760H from USA, from Costco, and it was 120v AVR, so had to invest in a step-down transformer, but as per my requirement, Aulten suggested an compatible step-down transformer costing around 3k, which is worth it, as the AVR price difference in India was almost 45% more.
If you can save 40% + , then one can compromise on warranty and it's list risky if you buy a brand new product.
All the best with your selection.
Regards

I got Denon AVR S760H from USA, from Costco, and it was 120v AVR, so had to invest in a step-down transformer, but as per my requirement, Aulten suggested an compatible step-down transformer costing around 3k, which is worth it, as the AVR price difference in India was almost 45% more.
If you can save 40% + , then one can compromise on warranty and it's list risky if you buy a brand new product.
All the best with your selection.
Regards
My Pioneer too has step down...but I guess going forward..we need to ask UK folks than US folks since UK seems to get cheaper plus no transformer needed

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back