denon x3200 vs onkyo txNR737

what do you think about onkyo txNR737?

Is it worth buying for 500$. I don't see it mentioned in any deal forums. Looks like a good deal to me. So confused.

I just got into this situation where I got this from US and now the (in)famous HDMI board problem crept up in my 2011 NR609 Onkyo.

They are asking for proof of purchase and stay in the US to service it here!

Stay away from Onkyo if possible.

I got denon x3100 recently and its too good. The dealer suggested denon and not to go for onkyo as they are receiving more issues. There is a particular concern in denon, i think it doesn't support ntfs formatted drives.

Its new type file system. Other is fat32. Ntfs is newer data storage format option. Drive formatted with fat32 will show max space of 4gb i guess even if it is of higher capacity. Need to check.

Just to give my two bit. I was testing Denon AVR - X4200 at Kripa Electronics in Mumbai. They I think are the distributors for Denon. The explicitly said that they would not provide after sales service for products bought out of India. I think you are better placed researching this.

The explicitly said that they would not provide after sales service for products bought out of India. I think you are better placed researching this.

This Gesture is obvious from the authorized dealer/distributor. Why would he let people buy from abroad and take the head ache for service/repairing. If he do not say this very few people would be interested to buy locally as the price are twice or thrice in India.

On another note- My Denon AVR was bought in US and it is 110V, and profx did the service (paid) happily without a question asked.

This Gesture is obvious from the authorized dealer/distributor. Why would he let people buy from abroad and take the head ache for service/repairing. If he do not say this very few people would be interested to buy locally as the price are twice or thrice in India.

On another note- My Denon AVR was bought in US and it is 110V, and profx did the service (paid) happily without a question asked.

No gestures are obvious. Different streams of business have different rules. However, what is obvious is you'll get service, when you pay for it. I thought we were talking about service under warranty. Anyway, keeping him informed as to how Denon distributor views it.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back