Development of Emotiva XMC-1

Hi, following this development very closely! I am on the pre order list anyways, let's see when my turn comes. With a 40% discount card it's hell of a deal. Thx for sharing!

Folks got on the pre-order list in 2008. I hope the final product will be worth the 6 years of development.

Hi, following this development very closely! I am on the pre order list anyways, let's see when my turn comes. With a 40% discount card it's hell of a deal. Thx for sharing!
Wheres this discount card available?

or you can find those on ebay. People have been holding on those forever.

If you had bought a UMC -1 you would get 40% discount and for UMC 200 it is 25% off on this processor upgrade.
Is this discount applicable to the original buyer or the one in current possion of the equipment?
or you can find those on ebay. People have been holding on those forever.

I presume you are referring to the older pre.

Is this discount applicable to the original buyer or the one in current possion of the equipment?

I presume you are referring to the older pre.

No, I meant the discount cards These are the coupon cards with some code on it. They gave it to buyers of emotiva processors so they could upgrade to XMC-1 when its released at a discount. I don't think you need to own the equipment. You will get the discount as long as you have the card/code. That's why you see some people selling their cards on ebay/craigslist.

Hello, just to check regarding its owners and reviews (if any) in the forum. Has anyone ordered it as I guess some of us would have reserved it. Me waiting for direc to be implemented at the same time not sure whether I will order or surrender my reservation due to budget constraint at this point of time. User experiences on the emotiva forum are very promising though. Thx!

Hi,

Glad to inform that now I am one of the proud owners of XMC-1.

Received an email from them regarding the price increase from May 1st and discontinuation of 40% upgrade program. That got me thinking to order the same.

Fortunately, my official US trip came up during the same time, so went ahead and purchased at the discounted price, carried it along with me as checked in baggage and "lucky me", walked out from green channel:yahoo:.

The unit came up with 3.0 firmware. Paired with UPA-7, sounds excellent out of the box, specifically vocals and lower end without any tweaks and room calibration. Still in the process of setting it up. Will post pictures soon.

Any one interested to see and demo can send me pm.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Congrats. keep posting the updates.

I want to know what is your opinion of Emotiva Fusion Flex stereo amp as i am looking at it to bring from USA. The sound signature etc.
I am looking at XPA 200 also but that would require a pre amp and I donot want to spend on the emotiva pre. I would have to settle for lower end pre .
Inputs would be appreciated.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back