Diamond 10.2 v/s Zensor 3

Amitkg

Currently, Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.2 and Dali Zensor 3, both are available at price range of 28K - 30K. Forum members, please suggest the best amongst these two. It will be used mainly for 2-chennel stereo purpose.

Regards

please mention more details about your amp and source and the music you listen to and the room size

Currently, Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.2 and Dali Zensor 3, both are available at price range of 28K - 30K. Forum members, please suggest the best amongst these two. It will be used mainly for 2-chennel stereo purpose.

Regards

Have not heard the 10.2, but have heard the Zensor 1 (as you can tell!) and 10.1, Dalis in my opinion trump the Wharfedales by some margin.
Zensor 3s supposed to have better bass than Zenso 1 and bigger scale, they have considerably bigger cabinet. Internet is replete with absolute rave reviews and opinions on the Zensor 3s, if you search you will find people in AVS forum opining that these go toe to toe with speakers almost double their price range, with my experience of Zensor 1, I should agree to that.

SKS does not have stock on the Dalis now, and it will only be available at the end of the month, but I was told the same at the beginning of October as well. I am patiently waiting for them, like you too perhaps. :)

Is the Wharfedale 10.2 worth 28-30K? Wouldn't a 10.1 or Zensor 1 be much cheaper w/o much change?

I got Wharfedale 121s at 22K was quoted 30K for 122s.

BTW where are you auditioning the speakers in Kolkata?

Is the Wharfedale 10.2 worth 28-30K? Wouldn't a 10.1 or Zensor 1 be much cheaper w/o much change?

Hi,
Where did you get the quote for wharfedale ? Did you audition any other speakers ?

Auditioned Tannoy Mercury V1s, Polk T220B, Yamaha NSxx Floorstanders, (Don't remember), Diamond 122s and ultimately got the 121s.

Went to ProFx but was quite a disappointing experience.

There's another audition room near Maddox Square, the name slips me right now (Digital Aqoustics?) Auditioned Tannoys and Denon x500 or x1000. The quote wasn't good enough.

Sollfege was another one I visited. Auditioned the 122s and Denon there. But they were out of my budget.

Bought Speakers from Watt Effect Listening Room in the end.
Got Subwoofer SW150 (old I know) from another place in Tollygunge.

Used this thread as a starting point -
http://www.hifivision.com/authorised-dealers/4268-avr-speaker-dealers-showroom-kolkata-2.html

Wharfedale at Watt Effects
ZENSOR at SKS (I'm planning to, Have only spoken over the phone once) :)

Hi,
Where did you get the quote for wharfedale ? Did you audition any other speakers ?

Auditioned Wharfedale 10.2 and yet to audition Zensor 3

Main difference is Zensor has 7" Bass driver
Wharf 10.2 has 6.5" Bass driver ( though, made of Kevlar)

and if you go by specs Warfe 10.2 produces better bass. But in real world specs say very little. that's why I am asking opinion. In Kolkata, it is not possible to get audition of Wharfe and Dali side by side. SKS used to sell Dali but they no longer deal in Dali

try the wharfedale 10.1 or the 121 and if you need subwoofer SW 150 or equivalent. I presume your yamaha will have a sub-out.

I auditioned Zensor 3 recently and was quoted Rs.27000 in Noida. They are excellent speakers for the price.

Hello,

This is Mounarshi. I am from Kolkata. I too bought a diamond 121 from Utsav, WattEffects and am driving through a cambridge audio azur 351a amp/dac through pc and foobar(asio output). However am seeing that when am playing any song with a lot of instruments(Metallica S&M, LP-The Hunting Party), the sound is congested and a bit muddy. Is it owing to the fact that the speakers need some 100 hours to break in? Or do I need some better dac like schiit modi? Am using bandridge 2.5mm cables.

Thanks,
Mounarshi.

Hello,

This is Mounarshi. I am from Kolkata. I too bought a diamond 121 from Utsav, WattEffects and am driving through a cambridge audio azur 351a amp/dac through pc and foobar(asio output). However am seeing that when am playing any song with a lot of instruments(Metallica S&M, LP-The Hunting Party), the sound is congested and a bit muddy. Is it owing to the fact that the speakers need some 100 hours to break in? Or do I need some better dac like schiit modi? Am using bandridge 2.5mm cables.

Thanks,
Mounarshi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

you are right, speakers take 100-200hrs to break in

BTW, How much did you pay for the pair?

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back