Did anybody buy any deck from mussiclovers?

I too am curious like the OP.
Has anybody purchased a Tape Deck from MussicLovers, Pune? Any experience in buying equipment from the said site? Are they reliable? Cosmetically almost all products seems to be in very good condition.

Do these products work as mentioned on the site?

Thanks in advance
Issac

I too am curious like the OP.
Has anybody purchased a Tape Deck from MussicLovers, Pune? Any experience in buying equipment from the said site? Are they reliable? Cosmetically almost all products seems to be in very good condition.

Do these products work as mentioned on the site?

Thanks in advance
Issac
I had sent enquiry couple of times, as that is the only way in their website. Their is no price tag. Some items are marked as sold. There was no response from them. Only one response received, stating that the item is sold (still the product appears in their website without sold - taghttp://www.mussiclovers.com/product/pioneer-ct-f750-classic-vintage-deck-mussiclovers/). Failed to understand their business strategy. If nothing is available for sale, why to put it on the website?

I had sent enquiry couple of times, as that is the only way in their website. Their is no price tag. Some items are marked as sold. There was no response from them. Only one response received, stating that the item is sold (still the product appears in their website without sold - taghttp://www.mussiclovers.com/product/pioneer-ct-f750-classic-vintage-deck-mussiclovers/). Failed to understand their business strategy. If nothing is available for sale, why to put it on the website?
strange

Their website is not updated frequently. Never bought anything from them but have inquired via phone and got a response when I was looking for a vintage amp

I have once enquired an item but they said it is sold. But they did not reply to my subsequent query that why did not they mark it as sold. After nearly one year again I enquired about the same product and got the same response.

The feedback i received from a friend who enquired is that they are highly responsive. Their prices are very high compared to the actual value but they claim that all their equipment is serviced and in mint condition. This enquiry was some time ago for a Sansui amplifier. He did not end up buying as he found the same model at a lower price on olx but he said the response he received was very good.

On another note, when buying cassette decks, the bare minimum one would need to replace is the pinch roller and belt/s. Most Indian resellers with servicing know-how are using cheap locally procured spares as pinch roller and belt replacements (i have come across many decks using tighter fitting capstan belts (it is hard to get the exact match, especially for flat belts in the local market) resulting in the deck running marginally slow (clever techs will compensate for by adjusting the speed control of the motor).

These will play well for a few months after which they are likely to start giving trouble. Then depending on the model, there are other rubber parts like idler tyres that would need a look at. Two other perishables are the heads and motors. These will need attention at some point. Though practically speaking, one will remain deck-less if one goes to the used-market with this checklist in mind, however you'll know what to look out for :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The feedback i received from a friend who enquired is that they are highly responsive. Their prices are very high compared to the actual value but they claim that all their equipment is serviced and in mint condition. This enquiry was some time ago for a Sansui amplifier. He did not end up buying as he found the same model at a lower price on olx but he said the response he received was very good.

On another note, when buying cassette decks, the bare minimum one would need to replace is the pinch roller and belt/s. Most Indian resellers with servicing know-how are using cheap locally procured spares as pinch roller and belt replacements (i have come across many decks using tighter fitting capstan belts (it is hard to get the exact match, especially for flat belts in the local market) resulting in the deck running marginally slow (clever techs will compensate for by adjusting the speed control of the motor).

These will play well for a few months after which they are likely to start giving trouble. Then depending on the model, there are other rubber parts like idler tyres that would need a look at. Two other perishables are the heads and motors. These will need attention at some point. Though practically speaking, one will remain deck-less if one goes to the used-market with this checklist in mind, however you'll know what to look out for :)
I heard that Type IV tapes wears out the head faster that others its is true?

I was searching and came across http://www.mussiclovers.com/shop/. Anybody bought any deck from them? How was your experience?
I bought a used deck from them in 2019 and so far it's been working well for me. I do some basic maintenance/cleaning and the deck is running Ok. I'm by no means a DIY type, so the maintenance is very rudimentary.

Documented my experience here:

I heard that Type IV tapes wears out the head faster that others its is true?
I have never heard such a claim, nor any deck/walkman manual/service manual says it. Heads have a finite lifetime, regardless of tape type used, and in general, Heads are a very durable thing.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back