Did Videocon D2H discontinued HD DVR due to quality issues?

john_k_antony

Hi,

I was looking for a new DTH connection and contacted Videocon. They are saying that they no longer sell HD DVR. Is this true? They are saying there are lots issues with the HD DVR. May I know people who are using Videocon HD DVR having issues ?

Thanks,
John.

They still advertise DVR in their website...
Also not sure what issues are you talking about?

Did you call up a dealer or their customer care ?

I called up their customer care as well as the dealer. They are no longer offering quotes on hd + dvr, and they say that they have stopped since december. This is all so confusing

Last edited:
They dint mention what quality issues, but they said they stopped HD DVR and they might launch a different version in the future.

I am going with Airtel HD DVR for now.

-John.

I called up their customer care as well as the dealer. They are no longer offering quotes on hd + dvr, and they say that they have stopped since december. This is all so confusing

Installed a Videocon DVR yesterday at my cousin's place in Chennai. No issues.

Did you call up a dealer or their customer care ?

Ok an update on the situation, I called CC and asked them again if they were indeed giving me the DVR. And they flipped on their head and said DVR was not available from CC. They did not mention any quality issues.

The lady from CC was quite dumb, I had to really go down to the basics explain what DVR was, mentioned I wanted to record TV, then she says get the HD box and you will be able to record later after an update!!

I asked her to confirm if their new HD boxes have a HDD, to which she replied no. I gave up and hung up.

I dont know why they advertise DVR on the site and also the price they ask for a HD box is just Rs. 500 less than the price listed for DVR.

I need to check at a dealership. Now confused whether to get the HD box or skip Videocon altogether.

Guys, I have decided not to buy the HD DVR box now. I will wait for them to release a new box.

I think the normal HD box+ Annual Platinum HD pack at 6090 is a better deal from CC. I can always upgrade to a new DVR as I am not paying for the current HD box, I am just paying one year subscription.

But good news, the Videocon HD DVR is confirmed available in Mumbai with one dealer. If anyone needs a DVR box from reputed authorised dealer I can provide contact. Just PM me. You will have to pick up the box from the store.

Last edited:
Finally got Airtel HD DVR installed. Works pretty good. Getting 5.1 DD sound through optical cable to my AVR for HD channels. Picture quality is good for HD. SD is not bad. Went with Airtel for availability of HD DVR and most number of Malayalam channels :). Overall happy for now.

However Airtel customer support is ATROCIOUS. They have kept a bunch of JOKERS there. As some one mentioned earlier, its pretty good as long as it works :D

-John.

Guys,

As most of the D2H users know by the time now, the new STB 2222 come along with USB recording feature and to use this you need to activate with Rs. 199 + Rs. 30 every month. Which is NOT Good.

When I raised this issue with CC, they offered me that if I don't want to pay activation and monthly usage charges for Recording, I can exchange my existing box with DVR box buy paying Rs. 6990 and I would getting Rs. 1600 cash back offer to my account. Buying this DVR, I don't have to pay any activation and usage charges.

So, this confirms that still the D2H is offering HD DVRs.

Hope this helps.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back