Did YouTube replace your source? How many still use CDs or high quality MP3 ?

cha_indian

When I started into the Hifi world, the cost of internet was very high and bandwidth was also very less. I think in 2009 - 2010, the internet speed I had was 256kbps....Now it is increased to 50Mbps.

This change has made the ubiquitous Youtube the default choice for listening to music...whatz more, now i am married and my two kids and the tiring software job barely give time to listen to my high quality tracks. So I end up hooking my laptop to the DAC - Amp and have my daily dose of music.

Did the Youtube replace your CD collection ??

YouTube? nope Apple music, Saavn and Wynk...
But we still buy the CDs whenever we get good deals, there's a lot of difference between equivalent to CD quality vs actual CD quality..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. For me nowadays it's 90 percent YouTube. Especially because of the variety and much better quality than ever.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

I have just started my journey.

Please share youtube hq quality links, so that I know what to look for on youtube.

Just adding HD to the search string works most of the times.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

CD all the way for me..

infact i am thinking of adding another CDP...:)

regards

CD all the way for me..

infact i am thinking of adding another CDP...:)

regards

Thanks make me:yahoo:. True. I am moving towards CD from Digital files :). Just for few reasons.

1. When we have access to any kind of music at any time at tips of our finger, the Music Is somehow treated as Just a File.

2.When I use CD, I need to spend some time to find it from the box\rack, Clean it in case its dusty, Open the tray in CDP And the play. The time spend to listen a song is great in CDP(PERSONAL OPINION) and feels that i give some respect to music.
I do accept that I play music via phone when am out of my room.

3.Believe me, the Art work in CD cover makes more sweetness to the music which is get played. You cant feel the same in Youtube :)

4.When a CD is played, it plays all songs and somehow I got habit of not moving to next song frequently.So i will get to know about some songs, which i was skipping in Youtube.

5.Audio +Video in Youtube spoils or diverts the senses towards Eyes :).

Am building CD, its tough , Lot of money involved, Risky But still Having CD collection makes different feels than having Free 500GB Free with 40Mbps Speed.

I ve made a few playlists for different moods on YouTube, so i choose one and turn the monitor off. music only no getting up and changing...;)

CDs, well I tried a couple of years ago, although the sound quality, experience and all was great, I just lost patience. Found it too cumbersome and could not take time out for that kind of listening. Then came in Raspberry and have been hooked to that. Recently got a chrome-cast and the combination actually works. RPI for mainly local stuff from the hard disk and Chromecast for online streaming.

I guess in the end, its just what is more convenient for each to enjoy his or her own music.

MaSh

Then came in Raspberry and have been hooked to that. Recently got a chrome-cast and the combination actually works. RPI for mainly local stuff from the hard disk and Chromecast for online streaming.

I guess in the end, its just what is more convenient for each to enjoy his or her own music.

MaSh

How are you connecting the RPI to the receiver? Using any DAC?

grooveshark was the best in my opinion. very high quality and a good selection as well. Pity it shut down :(

Yes grooveshark was really good. Most of my music listening is in the car nowadays. Playing music from youtube over bluetooth/ aux input these days. Any suggestions on a cheap and cheerful option where the volume doesn't drop so much? Also i have a lot of flac files which my car HU cant read through the usb.

90% youtube. although no self respecting audiophile will admit to this :)

Surprisingly good quality music out there.

Choice of music, well you know how it is out there.

But i still on occasions listen to my CD collections mostly late night.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back