Difference between 5.1 channel audio gear converter and Ligitech Z906/philips HTS 354

pondpaka

I am having an F&D 5.1 channel speakers system with pretty good quality, but I am not getting the surround/dolby/5.1 channel sound effect from my D2H true HD channels and other systems. Now I like to purchase 5.1 channel audio gear decoder from ebay, and if I buy other aforesaid music systems my existing one will become spare and useless.
I heard that aforesaid music systems are both having coaxial and optical input and fit for my HD D2H stb and sony bravia full hd tv(optical output).
Also the 5.1 channel audio gear converter having both coaxial and optical input with three output(3.5 mm stereo jack and two RCA for connecting F&D receiver) which can connect my F&D 5.1 channel speaker system in six inputs.
Now my question is that what is the basic difference in sound from audio gear converter and Logitech Z906/Philips HTS 3541. I am well aware that audio gear sound is converted from digital to analogue audio through coaxial/optical input.
can anyone elaborate whether it is digital sound or analogue audio emitting from Logitech Z906/Philips HTS 3541 or same home theatres?
Which will be better.

Re: Difference between 5.1 channel audio gear converter and Ligitech Z906/philips HTS

The main difference is that the 5.1 audio decoder has no amplifier while the Logitech Z906/Philips has built-in decoder and amplifier. If you want to use the existing F&D speakers then use the audio gear. If you are looking for a new Home Theater then look for models like Onkyo 3500.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back