Difference Between Marantz M-CR611 and PM 7005

rajivaryan1984

Dear FM Members,

Thanks a lot for all your valuable suggestion, I have finally zeroed down on Marantz PM 7005 + Whaferdale 225 BS speakers.

But before i book the products I just had one question - What is the Difference between Marantz M-CR611 and PM 7005 ? If my 100% lookout is music then should i go ahead with Marantz M-CR611

Kindly advise...

A Chromecast Audio or an Echo Dot and a Bluetooth adapter will turn the PM7005 into an internet enabled radio player, the same as the M-CR611.

Dear FM Members,

What is the Difference between Marantz M-CR611 and PM 7005 ? If my 100% lookout is music then should i go ahead with Marantz M-CR611

Marantz M-CR611 = all-in-one network aware + cd play back + internet radio streaming solution - less hassle & more features; app controllable.

PM7005 = high quality integrated amplifier + DAC + USB-B for the audio purist - less features & more hassle :).
No built-in streaming option.
If you plan to spin disks (black/shiny), get a dedicated CD/record player & hook them up to the amp.
If your PC is the primary audio source, then use the USB-B port on the amp.
If you primarily "internet stream" try musicbee's suggestions to multipurpose your amp without having to use a PC.

Power seems to be the same 60 wpc for both devices. The choice boils down to convenience & features vs audio purity. Mind you, I haven't heard the CR611 but own a marantz amp which is terrific for the money. I am confident the PM7005 would blow you away with its quality, if you don't miss the network and streaming features.

I wish I had the money for a PM7005 :). Cheers & good luck.

Last edited:
We bought Marantz MCR 611 for my dad.. paired up with Dali Zensor 3.. We had demoed it with PM series as well.. Sound and output for the PM series was much better than 611. It brought out more detail/ bass in the Zensor 3. MCR 611 doesnt have the power...

..So my suggestion if you are looking for music... go for an integrated amp rather than MCR.. MCR is good if you want a compact system.. but if you have the choice go for the PM series 6XXX or 7 XXX

Back