Difficulty buying CD's online

kingajit

Dear Friends,

I am staying overseas and used to buy a lot of latest and newly released CD's from AMAZON India. My parents would courier these CD's once they reached reached my parents house in Mumbai. Nowadays I find the CD collection on amazon india scanty and unable to buy latest CD's say after 3-4 months as they are not listed.

Anyone has any other online shop which has a good collection of latest bollywood CD's? I have tried flipkart but they too are having the same problem. It appears that shops like amazon want us to subscribe to their amazon listening app instead of buying CD's!

Any suggestion would be most welcome.

Thanks

Ajit

Dear Friends,

I am staying overseas and used to buy a lot of latest and newly released CD's from AMAZON India. My parents would courier these CD's once they reached reached my parents house in Mumbai. Nowadays I find the CD collection on amazon india scanty and unable to buy latest CD's say after 3-4 months as they are not listed.

Anyone has any other online shop which has a good collection of latest bollywood CD's? I have tried flipkart but they too are having the same problem. It appears that shops like amazon want us to subscribe to their amazon listening app instead of buying CD's!

Thanks

Ajit
Enquire at Calypso Bangalore. Very friendly people. You can pay them through online transfer and ask them to courier the cds to your parents. Email them and they will send you a list. email:[email protected] (Mr. Vikas Chawla). Also try House of Rhythm, Mumbai - http://www.houseofrhythm.in/index.php/catalog/category/view/s/bollywood/id/13/

Enquire at Calypso Bangalore. Very friendly people. You can pay them through online transfer and ask them to courier the cds to your parents. Email them and they will send you a list. email:[email protected] (Mr. Vikas Chawla). Also try House of Rhythm, Mumbai - http://www.houseofrhythm.in/index.php/catalog/category/view/s/bollywood/id/13/
Thanks plasmoid, did not know that Rhythm house is operating under a different name. I know the owners there so will contact Faiz, house of rhythm is Mumbai based so prefer them.
Thanks for Calypso Bangalore will try to use them if unable to get from House of Rhythm...cheers

Is this website working? When clicking on Add to Cart, nothing happens. Tried various browsers.

There is a dearth of sources for CDs, its like everyone is heading the Streaming way.

MaSh

Is this website working? When clicking on Add to Cart, nothing happens. Tried various browsers.

There is a dearth of sources for CDs, its like everyone is heading the Streaming way.

MaSh
Sad state of affairs. How I miss browsing through cds and dvds in brick and mortar stores. Now even online you hardly find anything...and if you do they are grossly overpriced :(

Dear Friends,

Thanks

Ajit

why not try streaming services, monthly subscription may turn out at par with buying and couriering CDs just that the wait will be reduced.

why not try streaming services, monthly subscription may turn out at par with buying and couriering CDs just that the wait will be reduced.

Been doing that, however, the quality of CD cannot be replaced. At this point I have a paid subscription to at-least 3 providers in India. All have their own quirks.

MaSh

Been doing that, however, the quality of CD cannot be replaced. At this point I have a paid subscription to at-least 3 providers in India. All have their own quirks.

MaSh

Not sure what is your listening genre but I listen to 90% Indian tracks and am giving a try to TIDAL for few months, so far more than satified, suggested by FM Kushanava, they offer CD quality 16/44.1 1411 kbps audio by default and even more offer higher res MQA which is 24/96 with supporting hardware / software. Check this out

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/mqa-audio-what-it-how-can-you-get-it

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000397069-TIDAL-MASTERS

Listening to a song on a cd is superior to streaming when it comes to sound quality. Also, a cd can be used n number of times....it is an asset. So streaming is not a replacement, just a compromise. About buying cds online, I don't know about new titles. I purchased old hindi songs from Amazon. The sound quality is pathetic. I purchased a 'Gupt' cd after listening to similar title at a friends place. he had purchased it long back when the movie came out. The sound cannot be compared. The new cd is absolutely worthless compared to the original.

I very much agree with you on the GUPT title, I guess we have to go back to GUPT cassette for the kind of fidelity.

I purchased old hindi songs from Amazon. The sound quality is pathetic. I purchased a 'Gupt' cd after listening to similar title at a friends place. he had purchased it long back when the movie came out. The sound cannot be compared. The new cd is absolutely worthless compared to the original.
Anything pressed after the turn of the century or so and especially after the 2004 fire is most likely going to be mp3.

Listening to a song on a cd is superior to streaming when it comes to sound quality. Also, a cd can be used n number of times....it is an asset. So streaming is not a replacement, just a compromise. About buying cds online, I don't know about new titles. I purchased old hindi songs from Amazon. The sound quality is pathetic. I purchased a 'Gupt' cd after listening to similar title at a friends place. he had purchased it long back when the movie came out. The sound cannot be compared. The new cd is absolutely worthless compared to the original.

Its subjective, one observation though is that CD output has a higher default volume than digital streaming services in few cases. Rest i can say its not upscaled. My point is streaming also provides better than CD resolution in certain albums where a Master of higher res is available. For the OP the problem was shipping CDs abroad after purchasing in India so thought hi-res streaming would be good alternative. Of course owning physical media is definitely a different kind of feeling.

I am also looking for hi-rez hindi soundtracks but there not many albums avaialable in 96×24 or higher resolution. It's very unfortunate that Bollywood pays no or very litlle attention to preserve the master copies of these albums and as a result there is not much one could do to rerelease some of these very fine collections in vinyls or in hi-rez formats.....

Dear Friends,

Thanks

Ajit

Check this link in Ebay . I have never purchased from here . I use this to check which all the new releases which have been released in CD format .

https://www.ebay.com/sch/CDs/176984...pg=&_from=&_ssn=india_store_2011&rt=nc&_dmd=2

Fanney Khan , Nawabzaade and Satyamave Jayate have been released in CD format by T-series .

Also in Amazon.in - Check for CD's Listed under Delhi based seller - radio & gramophone house . All the new releases which come out on
Audio CD's are listed here first . Other sometimes follow suit .

May be new GUPT cd is upsampled from mp3..

Back