Digital Bliss

Amarendra

Ever used an ipod or ipad for your music ?
I came across the JBL On Beat Extreme at Croma and was pleasantly surprised by the versatility and convenience it offers for streaming music across bluetooth enabled devices. However the price was steep- INR 24,990 !! That led me to an interesting thought of using bluetooth for streaming music from my Ipad or Ipod.

The convenience that this solution offers is enormous- sit on the couch use your Ipad/ Ipod for listening to either locally stored songs/ on the net using wifi. If you want to listen to songs stored on your Ipad/ Ipod you dont even need wifi/ air play.

However i didnt want to sidetrack my existing setup which I had painstakingly built consisting of Norge 2060, Monitor Audio M2s, Chord Carnivals and the HRT Music Streamer 2 USB DAC.

So enter the Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter which connects to the Norge through RCAs and accepts signals via Bluetooth from Ipod/ Ipad or any bluetooth enabled device. Of course it bypasses my HRT Music Streamer 2 and doesnt sound audiophile but the sheer convenience is too much too ignore ! The device retails for INR 2,300 and can be found locally.

So I just thought of asking how many of you actually use the Ipad/ Ipod as a serious music streamer/ player at home and are there better but not prohibitively expensive alternatives ?

Cheers !

That Logitech BT Speaker Adapter is pretty handy!

I use it to stream Internet Radio off my HP dm1 into my amp while I browse and while I'm watching movie trailers on the dm1. I also use it to play Grooveshark streams via my Android phone once in a while.

The sound quality is just all right, but it is pretty much comparable to connecting the dm1/phone to the amp using an EP-to-RCA cable.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back