Digital Camera: Video with simultaneous still camera facility?

Subcenter2009

Dear Folks,

I hope you don't mind my posting in this genre.:D

I have a longstanding craving.. When taking pics at weddings, I always have longed for a camera which can shoot stills with flash even when I am recording movies at the same time.

This would come in handy when filming the Thali or Mangalsutra or ring exchanging scenes.

I am not aware of any camera that does stills with flash and video at the same time..

Don't you think this facility will be very useful?

Do the Honorable members know of any camera that does both at the same time?

Thanking you,

Yours,

Subcenter2009:signthankspin:

Last edited:
My Lumix LX3 does that so does the canon S5 IS. I think any modern P&S camera will do it.

Are you looking for a special camera with "Marriage Mode" or something? :rolleyes:
HTH
--G0bble

Dear Folks,

I hope you don't mind my posting in this genre.:D

I have a longstanding craving.. When taking pics at weddings, I always have longed for a camera which can shoot stills with flash even when I am recording movies at the same time.

This would come in handy when filming the Thali or Mangalsutra or ring exchanging scenes.

I am not aware of any camera that does stills with flash and video at the same time..

Don't you think this facility will be very useful?

Do the Honorable members know of any camera that does both at the same time?

Thanking you,

Yours,

Subcenter2009:signthankspin:

HEre's how the NYT accomplishes the shooting of stills and video at the same time, as well as another approach which uses a bracket to mount a video camera below a DSLR:

Shooting Stills & HD Video Simultaneously! 9SHOOTER HD video audio stills dslr photography: Top 10 reasons why the 9shooter bracket beats the NYT's Doug Mills' method for shooting photographic stills and video simultaneously. "Top 10 reasons why the 9shooter bracket beats the NYT's Doug Mills' method for shooting photographic stills and video simultaneously."

I imagine either one would work well for weddings.

what would be your budget as there are many cam's that can take pictures while shooting.

also specify form factor of the camera you looking for.

compact p&s
travel zoom p&s
bridge / super zoom

or dslr's

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back