Dilemma of buying Oled or Q Led tv,s

mekr

I had decided to buy a 65inch oled tv,either LG C9 OR Sony A8,as my family mostly watches HD DTH,in which channels always displayi their Logos ,which can cause burn in On the OLED screens for prolonged use of logos,,hence,after reading online reviews ,I understand Sony X900F 2018 model,Sony X950 g 2019 models with local dimming & Samsung QLED Q80R & Q70R has been reviewed as similar or near about in contrast & blacks to OLED screens,I would wish to have visioners opinion,who have experience with these tv,s,to suggest their opinion,which of the above mentioned tv,s shall be comparable to oled screens,

Both q80r and 950g are decent. I think Samsung has wide viewing angles on 65 inch sets but on Sony it is only on 75 and 85 inch TV's. I'd avoid q70r as it lacks the color, brightness and the contrast. The 900f isn't too bad either but has poor viewing angles. You can demo these tvs and make a choice. Please note that I haven't checked any of these tvs from a buyer's perspective, so investigate yourself or check with an owner once.

Thanks
Yesterday checked Sony India,s website ,the Sony mentions oled burn out has been minimised on their oled tv,s

LG C9 has options built in that keeps scanning the LEDS for possible image retention, static images that cause burn-in and refreshes those pixels continuously to prevent the burn-in issues.

02-screenshots (2).jpg

There is a refresh option in Sony TVs as well.

Again - with all these options, there is no guarantee that it'll prevent burn-in. And burn-ins are not covered under warranty. This is my biggest worry not to go for OLEDs. QLEDS are no where in picture quality. Getting a VA LED panel is the safest and best options I feel.

There is an option of Samsung Q80,though Q90 is best ,but not in my budget,too expensive,even was considering Panasonic Gx800

LG has been replacing panels for even 2016 models outside. Those were most prone to burn-in anyway. I have posted so many times on the forum; test your usage along with the Rtings burn-in test. That was conducted on 2017 models. 2019 models have bigger red sub-pixel, which increased in 2018 too. So expect 2x life performance easily, if not more, as aperture ratio is also improving without subsequent bump in brightness. If logos were burning-in at 3,000 hours in the test, expect 6000 hours at least. If you watch cable TV for 3-4 hours everyday, that's 4-5 years before the Airtel dth or tatatsky logos that remain on the screen throughout. Burn-in happens with cumulative usage btw. So switching content doesn't matter; where it does help is with image retention, which is different than burn-in.

Do note, that from 2018, there's also a logo luminance option. Keep it at high to enhance life even more. I have not taken that into account btw in the above calculation, as I'm calculating worst case scenario for 3-4 hours of cable TV usage everyday.

There is an option of Samsung Q80,though Q90 is best ,but not in my budget,too expensive,even was considering Panasonic Gx800
Panasonic gx800 has good reviews. Panasonic tvs imo are good vfm. Personally I find Samsung tvs to be oversaturated although q80r definitely looks better.

I have purchase sony x900f... very happy about hte picture quality... but its dolby vision is bad .. latest X950g has better dolby vision.. android is little slow.. except that its a beast .. took for 1.6lak ..65inch model .. picture is quality is 100 times better than lg, samsung.. sony is sony.. HDR high peak brightness doesnt hurt eyes also .. samsung hdr demo hurted my eyes badly with artificial colors

Panasonic gx800 has good reviews. Panasonic tvs imo are good vfm. Personally I find Samsung tvs to be oversaturated although q80r definitely looks better.

Gx800 has reviews for the VA panel. Here it's an IPS panel.

Oh! Wasn't aware of that.

The reviews have fooled many a people here. Probably the tenth time I have pointed this out. Panasonic hasn't been fair to Indian consumers. I wonder if there are any updated reviews and local dimming zone count for the OnePlus TV.

Ah! It's edge-lit with bad performance. Sucks for Indian consumers. Sony FALD set, X950G, is the the one to go for then for decent performance.

Samsung Q80R for bright room and if you are worried about image retention/burn-in.

LG OLED if you can control lights as the screen is not good handling reflections. The image will appear dim in a well lit room.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back