Dire Straits LPs - which pressings to buy?

shankyys

Hello Everyone

Need a few inputs on which pressings of Dire Straits should I buy to build my collection for listening.
Should I go for the old 1st pressings if they are affordable or can I buy the recent remastered releases?
Also just for my knowledge I do have few Indian Pressings of Dire Strait Albums. Aren’t they far behind in SQ even compared to the new releases in the west?

Need few inputs please.

Some info here -

I was recently doing some research for a friend to buy a couple of LPs as a present - DireStraits being one - stumbled upon these.

Never managed to buy though :)

Hello Everyone

Need a few inputs on which pressings of Dire Straits should I buy to build my collection for listening.
Should I go for the old 1st pressings if they are affordable or can I buy the recent remastered releases?
Also just for my knowledge I do have few Indian Pressings of Dire Strait Albums. Aren’t they far behind in SQ even compared to the new releases in the west?

Need few inputs please.
given a choice i would go for the old 1st press if I can. they sound fabulous and will only increase in value. talk about having music as an investment!

@shankyys , I don't have em all, but the best pressings for SQ are from Japan pressed by Nippon Phonogram. Several steps above the MOFI 45 re-issues.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back