Direct Drive turn table Vs Belt drive turn table.

Lazer25

Hi Friends,
There is always discussion regarding the performance of direct drive and belt drive turn table.Even i compared many turn tables to feel the qualities of sound. Some times I feel the difference in base part with same cartridge and Stylus.I compare the vintage belt drive and modern belt drive turn table.Both are good but the base part was good in the Germany based Dual turn table.I compared direct drive like Sp 10 ,Sp 15 ,Sp 25 , Sl 1100 and SL 1210 Mk2 of Technics.I didn't find significant change in performance.But I experience that changing tone arm creates differences in the colour of sound.I like to know the experience of others in this regards.
Thanks

Hi Friends,
There is always discussion regarding the performance of direct drive and belt drive turn table.Even i compared many turn tables to feel the qualities of sound. Some times I feel the difference in base part with same cartridge and Stylus.I compare the vintage belt drive and modern belt drive turn table.Both are good but the base part was good in the Germany based Dual turn table.I compared direct drive like Sp 10 ,Sp 15 ,Sp 25 , Sl 1100 and SL 1210 Mk2 of Technics.I didn't find significant change in performance.But I experience that changing tone arm creates differences in the colour of sound.I like to know the experience of others in this regards.
Thanks
watch out for my article on the Legend Killers thread, coming shortly
i have done similar tests and I have with-held publishing as i wanted to consult with some guru-friends as the findings are somewhat controversial :). Usually we fanatics tend to have certain beliefs and if someone writes something to the contrary, he/she is ignored or taken casually. In the audio world, reputation is usually built on the power of brands on the rack or in the closet :) and hence one has to be very sure before speaking up. The audio world is like the automobile world, does one want to enjoy music or does one want to enjoy music in style (similar, does one want to reach one's destination or does one want to arrive in style). Both options produce similar outcomes but with a different degree of acceptance :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back