Dish Tru HD Vs Other providers

Niks4321

Hello All,

I might be wrong here however I have seen only a few threads which talk about Dish TV HD offerings, channel quality etc. May I request you to share you experiences related to Dish HD channel and is it a good idea to switch to Tata Sky HD / Airtel to experience true HD experience?

PS: I have been using Dish HD for past 4 months and quite happy with picture quality. I am rather concerned about cost as well as lack of best sound output for HD content.

Thanks in advance,
Niks

That is because Dish TV started HD programming with content that was upscaled from SD rather than "real" HD content. This was the reason they had maximum HD channels. Most were upscaled.

Because of this, most prospective HD buyers did not consider Dish TV as an option.

I am not aware of current state of Dish TV HD content - whether it is still upscaled or not.

That was the case earlier but now dish TV provides as many hd channels as other operators. .. and all are true. . Their sd channels offerings from zee are a bit more clear than rest of the sd, and this could be because dish tv is owned by zee so...

There are still quite a few HD channels on Dish which are upscaled HD. &Pictures, Nat Geo Music are a few ones I can think of, but there are at least 10+ such channels. However the rest of the channels 12+ are good real HDs with colors HD being in my opinion having the best PQ.

Dish customer care is also now very good, but pricing wise Videocon is cheaper though marginally, HD Royale Pack in Dish costs 599 / month with around 5 more HD channels (HBO Defined HD, etc) still left to be taken as ala-carte over an above that, rest are all included.

Been a Dish TV subscriber from the time their SD service was launched in India and now use their HD service. Earlier it was very annoying to see them market upscaled channels as HD. However, they seem to have got their act together and now offer true HD channels along with upscaled channels. The picture quality of the HD channels is very good. I use a 5.1 system for audio so can't comment on their stereo output.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back