Display piece delivered??? LG LD550

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjitonly

Bought a LG LD550 32" LCD TV from JP Electronics, Borivali (W) which was delivered on the 10/11/2010.The Tape on the top of the carton was a transparent one. NO LG markings on it. Have read in previous posts, that the company name is mentioned on the tape. Though at the edges it had big pins. No company name on it.. though the standard model details are mentioned at the side of the carton in white alongwith the weight,model no,customer service no, etc.Spoke to the salesman, he assured me that its a new piece and not a old piece.

Also when the delivery guys opened the carton, the thermacol which is on the top of the screen, had some vegetable smear or a spot on it, which the delivery guys wiped it off.

There is a film at the edges of the TV, but at the 4 corners of the screen, the film has slightly come apart. Also some places the film appears to be scratched. Also the screen itself doesnt have any film, though no fingerprints are visible, the screen doesnt have any shine on it like new pieces have, dont know is it because of the IPS panel. The sheet covering the LCD also is not tightly bound ,its loose packing. I can confirm that a display piece/old model has been delivered. Also the person delivering the TV was very rude to my family members , shouting at us in our building premises when we told him to wait and show us the demo. He just kept it took our old TV in exchange and didnt do the setup. Its a pathetic service from the dealer & LG. I have been trying to speak to the LG call centre guys but they were not helpful at all in telling me how to determine if its a fresh piece.

Its absolutely pathetic experience in buying my LCD from LG. am going to return it & understand how i can go to the consumer court regarding this.I have been trying to reach Sanjivani the customer care officer but she is disconnecting the calls.

Can anyone who has bought a LG LCD tell me how does a brand new fresh piece look???:sad: Some help required fast guys....

I bought a LG LCD 42 inch some time ago, and it has been working perfectly. The delivery people were courteous, and was followed up by an LG Engineer who demoed the TV to me.

I am assuming that the bad experience of the OP was dealt by the dealer. Please do get in touch with LG to resolve your issue.

Cheers

PS. I have removed posts from asdflkg and Fran_elite that are completely irrelevant to the topic. Please avoid such posts.

Last edited:
Its not a problem with LG,its the dealer who is giving me grief but now apparently he has agreed to send a replacement set. I did contact LG's Area Service Manager and he immediately called back to sort out the issue. Now im waiting for the replacement set to be delivered.

I still feel that its a display/old piece which had been delivered.

Any thoughts, guys?

LG has been very good as far as i have gone.. infact after buying my microwave they were sending a guy for demo and i denied and they still calling me..

however no need to take any kinda s**t from any one..
ips panels are dull and not shiny.. however if the guy was rude.. smack his head off..

fight with the dealer..

and if you want to go to consumer court dont waste much money..

just go to an adv.. ask him to type a notice and send it to LG. they have to respond to it and they will definitely screw the dealer as well.. his license might get suspernded as well for few months.. if you do not get a response from LG legal dept.. file a case stating that they havent responded.. try to record calls you make to cust care and keep them as back up.. and lemme know.. i will help you with the rest..

we will file a case for forgery section 420 and mental harrassment..

they will get on their toes then...

i have done it with logitech and red tape.. cpl of yrs back...

and they cried..

Update...after screwing the dealers brains, he got another fresh piece delivered and took the original back. The new piece had the stickers of the various features of the TV like Trumotion, USB, DIVX,Full HD, etc. stuck in the lower left hand corner which the earlier one didnt.

I guess that is one more point to differentiate a fresh piece from a display piece/old piece . Also the Usage on this one was 0.

Also one more thing i learnt is that LG charges Rs.550 to install the TV on the wall if its less than 2 months from the purchase date. If you install it after 2 months or less than yr from purchase date, its free, which is weird.:rolleyes:

So ppl who wanna try out the TV initially on the swivel stand itself have to tell the installation guy that some work has to be done hence we cant install on the wall itself right now and keep the wall bracket or the LG technician wont keep the bracket. If we call them later to do the wall installation without keeping the bracket, LG charges some money for the wall bracket (that's what the dealer told me).:sad:

So all's well that ends well...:clapping:

The TV's PQ is really good, though sound is nothing great to write home about... might have to add a HT later on...

One more thing i want to know is that my TV is i think on Store mode as I am getting a description of various features of the TV displayed on the screen frequently. How do i turn that off????:sos:

One more thing i want to know is that my TV is i think on Store mode as I am getting a description of various features of the TV displayed on the screen frequently. How do i turn that off????:sos:

Menu -> Option -> Mode Setting -> select "Home Use". Mine is a Plasma but options should be similar.

LG packing seems shoddy these days. Just got a 47 LX 9500 and it was definitely
repacked. Most of the packaging had been removed and repacked and the LG installer confirmed that it was definitely repacked. But the piece was clean, no fingerprints on 3D glasses, panel, remote etc.

My neighbour used to be in charge of LG's TV marketing countrywide, so checked with him. I found that it was not possible to get a refurbished piece since they get sold
as seconds and besides this was their new top of the line model manucaturing in Augusta and delivered to loacl godown in Sept or so.. LG also verified
that a new piece was delivered to the dealer. They say that 10-30% of the high end models are checked in the godown for breakage since they come
directly from Korea. I left it at that since usage counter said 6 hours and
not a hint of blemish on the piece.

Hey how much did your LX9500 cost you...its a 3d set isnt it...congratz you have one of the best full led tv's money can buy.

Bought a LG LD550 32" LCD TV from JP Electronics, Borivali (W) which was delivered on the 10/11/2010.The Tape on the top of the carton was a transparent one. NO LG markings on it. Have read in previous posts, that the company name is mentioned on the tape. Though at the edges it had big pins. No company name on it.. though the standard model details are mentioned at the side of the carton in white alongwith the weight,model no,customer service no, etc.Spoke to the salesman, he assured me that its a new piece and not a old piece.

Also when the delivery guys opened the carton, the thermacol which is on the top of the screen, had some vegetable smear or a spot on it, which the delivery guys wiped it off.

There is a film at the edges of the TV, but at the 4 corners of the screen, the film has slightly come apart. Also some places the film appears to be scratched. Also the screen itself doesnt have any film, though no fingerprints are visible, the screen doesnt have any shine on it like new pieces have, dont know is it because of the IPS panel. The sheet covering the LCD also is not tightly bound ,its loose packing. I can confirm that a display piece/old model has been delivered. Also the person delivering the TV was very rude to my family members , shouting at us in our building premises when we told him to wait and show us the demo. He just kept it took our old TV in exchange and didnt do the setup. Its a pathetic service from the dealer & LG. I have been trying to speak to the LG call centre guys but they were not helpful at all in telling me how to determine if its a fresh piece.

Its absolutely pathetic experience in buying my LCD from LG. am going to return it & understand how i can go to the consumer court regarding this.I have been trying to reach Sanjivani the customer care officer but she is disconnecting the calls.

Can anyone who has bought a LG LCD tell me how does a brand new fresh piece look???:sad: Some help required fast guys....
Does the serial number of Display model and delivered model can be cross checked and confirm !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back