Display piece verification: Urgent help

teju2012

Hi guys,
I bought a Samsung 40 inch LED. I could smell something fishy right from the beginning. I got it delivered. I see that its a September manufactured. A lot of dust on the box. But what caught my attention was the seal. Its normal transparent tape with no logo in it. I am sure this forum has a lot of Samsung buyers. Can someone tell me how the seal looks like?
I am yet to open it. I wanted rule out even before opening the box. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi guys,
I bought a Samsung 40 inch LED. I could smell something fishy right from the beginning. I got it delivered. I see that its a September manufactured. A lot of dust on the box. But what caught my attention was the seal. Its normal transparent tape with no logo in it. I am sure this forum has a lot of Samsung buyers. Can someone tell me how the seal looks like?
I am yet to open it. I wanted rule out even before opening the box. Any help would be appreciated.

Well LG,Sony & Pana all got such tape based packing. There is never a company seal.

When you open the set, be careful and look for fingure marks etc. Another thing to check is look if below tape there are places with traces of pulling of the paper on the box. I mean when u take tape of an envelope, paper beneath also is torn and pulled out.....Also, google for Samsung hour finding tips.

Dnt worry, getting a set replaced should not be a issue if you got a used set.

Take an image of hours used with Today's newspaper( to PROVE that its a recent image) and emauil it to company...

Also, i was in local market and saw Plasma's lying in open outside the shop, so dust on outside pack is normal in case shop was no very big as it may not have a dedicated warehouse

Last edited:
thanks a lot Nisha. it was helpful. yah there are no scratches below the tape. so it must be a unopened piece. i got suspicious looking at the way it was sealed. didnt look like factory sealed.

on a related note, does anybody know the default used hours value for Samsung led tv. is it 0 or some small value ?. i called up Samsung customer care. they were pathetic. the person wasn't even aware of this feature and kept telling me there is no such feature in samsung.

thanks a lot Nisha. it was helpful. yah there are no scratches below the tape. so it must be a unopened piece. i got suspicious looking at the way it was sealed. didnt look like factory sealed.

on a related note, does anybody know the default used hours value for Samsung led tv. is it 0 or some small value ?. i called up Samsung customer care. they were pathetic. the person wasn't even aware of this feature and kept telling me there is no such feature in samsung.

Buddy these guys are hired by a 3rd party domestic BPO who has no interest in Samsung Brand. Training might be good but they move jobs every 6 months and thus very little knowledge.

Compare this to Vodaphone store in UK, where my buddy with a regular MBA from Manchester applied. That too for Sales Associate ( Job titles are not a big deal there!!!:clapping:). Interview was detailed and training was in-depth about all products. Well, no denying that they are geeting poor as well due to cost pressure.

Its the customer who looses because money which should have been spent on Customer Service is being spent of Hollywood or Boolly wood stars doing Promo campaigns. Look at Ranbir's pathetic ad of Lenove. What the **** concept.

BPOs are good for our economy as we get jobs, however, whole concept of customer service is discounted as 3rd party guys would never worry about brand value of a company.

No offense pals from BPO. I am from ITES as well :)

Anyways, Search AVSFORUM for codes

Got this from various searches. Try it:

The usage hours are recorded in the service menu. To access:

1. First put TV on standby.
2. Press POWER.
3. Quickly press MUTE 1 8 2 then POWER all within 1 second
4. Service menu will be displayed.
5. Under CONTROL you will see the hours.

Please be VERY CAREFUL. Do not change anything in service menu.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back