DIY '6 footer' a.k.a The Tall **** Ribbon

turgid

Hi,

After building a small ribbon with nothing but a few house hold items and some cheap neo-magnets here, I decided to make life bigger. :D

So here it is ..my 6 ft tall true ribbon structure with some really powerful strontium ferrite magnets.
The structure is super heavy and the magnets are not completely saturated so they might fly distances to get to their partners.

I have not fired them up but hope to within a real short time. The only problem I face is with impedance matching. Online trace resistance calculators show that this structure has an impedance of 0.15 ohms which needs to be matched with a transformer or run with an op-amp. I intend to find toroidal ferrite cores and wind the transformers myself but I only have time till Monday and don't think this too feasible an idea. I will mostly resort to my earlier idea of using a pencil lead but then dip it in ice-cold water so it doesn't catch fire. :D

Chao,
~A

Attachments

• IMG_20140820_003730.jpg
    IMG_20140820_003730.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 159
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:signthankspin:

I usually avoid all things "audio" on Youtube, for all the obvious reasons. In this instance, it enough to see that your latest invention is singing, and doing a good job of it.

Congratulations on the latest baby!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back