sjith

hi,

Need Help/Valuable Advices

Planning to Build a pair of Bookshelf speakers

what I have

Foster 30 W magnetically shielded 6" woofers 4 pcs
(planning to use 2 pcs first)
Its from a Toshiba Projection TV while scraping

a workshop in our are they are making custom speaker enclosues for automobiles halls church etc.
for enclosure i can depend on them to make any type of enclosure

Previous experience

used to bulid diy amplifiers, casette decks and one speaker box (not many pcs 3 amps, 2 casette deck and one speaker pair for own use) few years back (9 years back) now back to the hifiworld

what i need

tweeters which make model and type and watts no idea ?

2 way cross over which model no idea ?

port tubes, hopefully manageable from the wood work shop

size of enclosure mainly depth no idea any thumb rules please share ?

position of port front or back no idea

front grills, i can manage it from workshop

connection terminals, same way from workshop, or suggest a good quality terminals available in india

use of speaker

going to connect with the technics and kenwood wintage amps I left aside for speakers

dear FM s

please help me for chosing and optimising

Is it fostex or Foster driver ?.
if its fostex there are plenty of DIY designs available on web , just choose one matching for you . I don't know whether designs for foster drivers are available on net just do a Google search for it.

Last edited:
how to design the size of a speaker enclosure
how to find a matching tweeter
how to find matching crossover
what I have is 4 nos of 6" driver whose impedance/frequency curvers are not avaiable (its a foster make 30w driver) magnetically shielded looks like a woofer

if you don't have any info on the drivers, it is virtually impossible to proceed. If you just guess, the chances of you getting anything usable is remote.

If you wish to proceed to obtain a good result, you will have to measure the Thiel Small parameters of the drive units. You will need a multimeter, and 10 ohm resistor and a one cubic foot box.

Only by knowing the T/S parameters will you be able to design the correct size of enclosure, and determine if the box has a vent, or not.

Look here: Measuring Loudspeaker Driver Parameters

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back