[DIY - faux-painting] Source for procuring painter's tape, or an alternative.

TheSeeker

Hello!

we are presently getting our home repainted. i want to decorate a few walls with sponge-painting, stripes-painting, etc. a rookie into this, but reading articles and watching videos on the same. however, one thing that's worrying me is the non-availability of the proper painter's tape here in our country, such as the following one from the well-known company 3M, and available in the west:

3M US: ScotchBlue Painter's Tape

i placed an order for a few rolls of masking tape on ebay a few days back, after reading its description that it can be used for painting too. however, read today that a masking tape is very different in effectiveness from a proper painter's tape. now again in a fix! read about an alternative, to use cardboard to draw straight lines of paint-stripes; however, am still not sure how to use a cardboard for sealing off boundaries of a wall from the adjacent ones for the paint not to bleed over to the other side, where none is intended.

anybody here who has done some faux-painting, or an experience in interior-designing? am sure there must be such a few members. eagerly seeking advice.

TIA!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back