DIY Hometheatre seating

gauthamnaidu

Hello..
i have seen a lot of home theatre cushions all the way in these forums..
they loot amazing and must be super comfortable to sit and enjoy..

but i am in a kind of crunch and my wife has decided not to let me spend again on entertainment..

so i was browsing through for cheap seating..

came across this...

does anyone have any other ideas??

Attachments

• f4402b3eec2030177242efb228e3-post.jpg
    f4402b3eec2030177242efb228e3-post.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 272
Did you check on the forums like OLX and here for second hand or old furniture that's an easy way to convince wife's.

Hello..
i have seen a lot of home theatre cushions all the way in these forums..
they loot amazing and must be super comfortable to sit and enjoy..

but i am in a kind of crunch and my wife has decided not to let me spend again on entertainment..

so i was browsing through for cheap seating..

came across this...

does anyone have any other ideas??

Thanks Gautam for starting this usefull thread. Even I am also checking of a reasonable price for seating.

The idea in the snap looks innovative but only problem is that the people seated in the rows behind can't stretch their legs!

Yes, the design in innovative and appealing but I don't people will be comfortable using the seat. The back support are not strong enough as there is only a pillow except in the back row. And also people sitting in the back and middle row will not be able to stretch their legs.

I prefer to have something solid support till my head while sitting and watching. Otherwise it becomes very uncomfortable for me for longer period of time.

this usefull thread. Even I am also checking of a reasonable price for seating.
5.gif

My 2 cents

If you are tight on budget, you can checkout some good bean bags. I have seen circular shaped bean bags that are 5' or 5.5' in diameter with a very good upholstery. They workout pretty cheaper compared to sofas. You have the best placement option and give you the best comfort :). I am not talking about the regular ones, but bigger round ones. Check them out. I saw them in DNI home theater systems in Bangalore.

Thanks,
John.

I prefer bean bags. I thought of the pallete idea, but the ones i found needed a lot of work, so dropped it.

hi all...sorry..forgot about this post in total..

i used to love bean bags..
but there were a few problems..

1. Not consistent in seating position.. just goes to any shape and i end up horizontal before even i realise..and in a few minutes..im sleeping there..

2. back pain.. though there are a lot of opposing statements eitherways i get back pain if i sit on it for some time..

3. size goes down every month or two.. and i have to refill..

having said all these.. i have tried the normal xl size bean bags with small beans only..
a cousin of mine has a very large round one.. im wondering where ill get that..and how much its gonna bleed my wallet for..

any one has a link??

If you are looking for two levels of seating arrangement, then why not a sofa cum bed. Not the ones which are max 4 ft in width, but the full fledged queen size ones? All you need is a extra cushion to keep them at two different levels and treat it as a seat rather bed.

this is what I did for my HT room with 2 old unused cots. 5 days of work with the Tailor/Liner. It costed me about 17k approximately for material and labor.

Attachments

• WP_20140217_001.jpg
    WP_20140217_001.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 91
Looks beautiful.. Do u have step by step pics?
thanks gautham .. sorry, didnt take pics when they were doing it .. but this is what was done -

Foam and Rexin coating over the wooden parts
One cot length was reduced by a foot to make sure it fit in the room
the beds were restitched again with foam to give it shape (cot and beds are over 50 yrs old !!)
the back rest was made/stitched out of foam and recron

Came across these two

looks comfortable..

dont know how expensive it might reach

Attachments

• awesome_rooms_5.jpg
    awesome_rooms_5.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 928010ef82920726f987c050daa2915e.jpg
    928010ef82920726f987c050daa2915e.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 40
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back