DIY projector screen - help needed

deepak12

I have read about DIY projector screens and am about to undertake this journey myself. I have the below questions/concerns:
1. "Blackout" as a material for the screen - I know it is commonly available at curtain stores and from what I have seen, in widths of around 1.25 meters or so. If this is correct, then there are going to be lot of joins on the screen, and could be distracting for a viewer. Do you know of any other material which is available for the screen, or if "blackout" is available in a greater width.
2. Also, due to space constraints - lot of furniture, POP on the ceiling, etc, I cannot use a readymade screen, since it has to be engaged either into the ceiling or a wall, and I do not have either of those easily available. Do you know what are my options if I want to buy a screen, instead of building it.

Your question is not clear-do you have wall space to have a fixed screen? If yes, why not make a wooden or metal frame and fix the screen material onto it? Check sites like AVS forum, many people have made their on screens.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back