DIY Wireless headphones for your lcd/led tv

abyshines

Hi :)everyone,its been a long time since i last logged in.Have been busy with studies and stuff.

I did a workaround for my mom's tv:yahoo:,which she uses mostly in the night.
Earlier i was using a long 3.5mm headphone male-female cable to dock a SONY headphones.

Tried searching for wireless headphones which would make sense but none.All were costly,Bluetooth ones were useless without a USB dongle of sort which again is an investment not worth having.

I had cleaned my belongings in diwali,and had found this thing which was lying in my cabinet for a long time.

" Mele F10-PRO 2.4G Wireless Keyboard 2 in 1 Intelligent Voice with IR Remote Control for PC TV Media Player.":cool:http://www.amazon.com/Mele-F10-PRO-Wireless-Keyboard-Intelligent/dp/B00DHEUBPA

I connected the dongle to a 10 meter usb male -female cable which is connected to my home server "Windows server 2012R2 {which also works as a plex server- works like charm with all the sony LED Tvs in the house connected through wired network. "[an overkill ]}

The dongle lies in the room which has my moms Tv.
The TV headphone jack is used to connect the TV to the PC/SERVER's Line in HD AUDIO jack-using a 10 meter long Male-male 3.5mm audio cable.

In the Audio manager the settings are made to make the New Hd device as default communication device not the default device and the audio through the hd jack is played through the USB high def device [Modiotek usb].

It was an effort well paid as the headphone was utilised with a remote whcih was almost lying doing nothing.

You can also have some small computer or a Raspberry pi computer with a usb or anything that runs linux,windows with a line in and a usb to work for this Wireless Headphones-DIY.
Will update tomoorow with some pics,As i was too elated and wanted to share this experience with all of you.Reason being that i was trying to find a BLuetooth dongle on the internet or some wireless headphones which have great reviews.In the end i finaly decided not to invest in something for which i dont have a review about from some source.Believe me its astonishing that bluetooth technology has been from so long ignored for the LED Tv.
Afterall Who doesnt watch Late-night TV.
Anyways i think this might help someone in future.I m a Tech Freak but most of us are not.
Most of us dont even know that i can have an audio stream from a device through my pc and output to another device connected to my pc while all the audio from my pc can still be heard primarily at the Monitor or another device connected to my pc.Whupp i finally did understand few new things today.
1.Persistence pays off:D
2.No need to spend blindly without having satisfied ur inners.;)
3.You should preserve every tech items you ever purchased,You never know how useful they can be,shall you need them.:)
4.Spend only on good purchases,cheap items are useless,like i was sceptical to buy a bluetooth transmitter.[Ever thought why major companies dont have products for the same in offering?even if they had-they were not successfull :clapping:]:cool::licklips:

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back