Do I need a good Blu ray player like Oppo?

oracle1974

Hi
I am planning to buy Panasonic PT 8000AE projector and Arcam AVR 450/750. My current Blu-ray player is a Pioneer BD 160.
I will be using mostly DVDs and some amount of Blu-ray titles.
Given that the receiver and projector will be of considerable good quality, does it make sense to buy an expensive Blu-ray player like Oppo?
Thanks and look forward to your views.

Question 1)

Does your projector do 4K with HDR, HDR10 and WCG?

Question 2)

Does your Arcam do object based sound formats, i.e. Atmos etc?

If you say yes to either of these, it makes sense to invest in a 4K player like the Panasonic.

If not, then a good blu ray player would do.

Just my opinion.

Hi
I am planning to buy Panasonic PT 8000AE projector and Arcam AVR 450/750. My current Blu-ray player is a Pioneer BD 160.
I will be using mostly DVDs and some amount of Blu-ray titles.
Given that the receiver and projector will be of considerable good quality, does it make sense to buy an expensive Blu-ray player like Oppo?
Thanks and look forward to your views.

The oppo does have a good upscaling engine probably amongst the best. This is more apparent in the case of DVD's.

However, a simpler option would be to move to HD sources.

Hi

Since the Oppo was out of my budget, I settled for the Pioneer BDP LX 55 player....its good .....the other one is BDP 450 which is also quite good.

Seeing the PJ is only FHD and not 4K you should be fine for FHD, 720p and even DVD resolution content with the Pioneer.

The Oppo's really kick in for the likes of 4K Upscaling, network playback, and their internal DAC for audio. Really not your requirement.

For best results with the PJ, get FHD content.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Based on the inputs received, I would stay put with my current blu-ray player and once i have up my new system PJ and all installed, at a later date do a demo with oppo and take a call then.

regards.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back