Do I need a stabilizer for my Amplifier?

gudu

Friends,

I brought integrated amplifier, one graphic equalizer [pioneer], CDP.

Do I need to buy a stabilizer? I do have UPS at my place. Please suggest as to whether buying stabilizer is mandatory.

Regards,

Gudu

Hi All,

I brought a integrate 70W amp, a graphic equalizer and CDP, do I need to buy a stablizer for it?

I also have a UPS at my place running 24 x 7.

PLease suggest as to whether I need to buy a stabilizer.

Regards,

Gudu

Whether you need a stabilizer depends on the voltage condition in your area. If there is lots of voltage fluctuations then a stabilizer is necessary. A servo stabilizer is better than the common relay based ones. For your case a 1-2KVA servo is enough.

UPS can be used if it is sinewave. If not better don't use it.

Whether you need a stabilizer depends on the voltage condition in your area. If there is lots of voltage fluctuations then a stabilizer is necessary. A servo stabilizer is better than the common relay based ones. For your case a 1-2KVA servo is enough.

UPS can be used if it is sinewave. If not better don't use it.

Voltage is quite good, power goes once a day.

So I Have a UPS in place.

hope to get it within 3k INR

One more question.

Graphic equalizer, CDP, amplifier all are connected to stabilizer ie get power via stablizer or I just need to connect the amplifier to the stabilizer?

IMO NO!
Because all equipment are having necessary internal regulators or they have tolerances to work with 10% fluctuations on either side.

All can be connected to stabilizer. Add a surge protector also.

You have created two threads for the same topic. Request the mods to merge them.

I think that you do not need a stabilizer. But if you use a Belkin Gold Series surge protector, that will be better.

Some stabilizers when used in music systems make it sound dull. I think it acts as a resistor to free movement of power supply to your system when it is routed through stabilizer.

Gudu congrats for our new setup.Pic pls:):eek:hyeah:

DSC_0019_zps02ecabe7.jpg

From bottom to top Pioneer SG-9 Graphic Equaliser, SIA 310 amplifier, philips CDP

DSC_0021_zpsd0546202.jpg

Sonodyne sonus 6305

DSC_0025_zps15aaa759.jpg

Sonodyne sonus 6305

That's looks fantastic.... Especially the Sonus speakers.

Please post some pics of speakers without grills. Beneath the grills there is more to see....

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back