Does anyone here own a 37" Plasma

The_Falcon

Hi All,

Am planning to get a 37"Plasma this Diwali(i kno it sounds a very long term planning :D). The deciding factor for a 37" plasma was my space. Mine is only a 10ft*18ft room. viewing distance is 12ft.

I know you guyz might think am crazy to go for a 37" Plasma but I cant digest the unnatural and overtly bright colours of LCDs. So plasma was the only was out unless Cannon introduces the SED TV(HowStuffWorks "How SED-TV Works")

So anyone of you know where can I get a 37" plasma(preferably Panasonic)

Loc: Mumbai

as per ur requirements u are right.. however 37'' plasmas aren't suggested due to uncommon size and the durability of the panel. also as u said that viewing distance is
12 ft.. u can go for a common size of 40 or 42..
40 wont make much diffrence.. however u get a lot of options.
10x18 is a good enough for a 40''-42'' plasma.
also at 12ft viewing distance SD content will look better.

I am actually amazed at the amount of misconceptions people have about TV sizes and the viewing distances. At 12 feet, you could actually do with a 65" screen. In fact 37" is way too small for a viewing distance of 12 feet. At the very least, you should be looking to get a 50" TV, thatr is unless budget is an issue, in whihc case I would suggest buying a 42" plasma.

The problem is space. To accommodate anything bigger than 37"..I will have to break the cupboards on both sides which I dont want to. Will keep the option of a 42" or maybe a 50" when I move to a bigger house..probably by this year end.

The problem is space. To accommodate anything bigger than 37"..I will have to break the cupboards on both sides which I dont want to. Will keep the option of a 42" or maybe a 50" when I move to a bigger house..probably by this year end.
Sorry about that, I can well imagine the pain of having to be limited by non audio/video issues. I suppose under the circumstances it does limit your choice to the available space and I wish there was a solution I could recommend to overcome the situation. On second thought, a hammer to the cuboards is not a bad idea. Just kidding. :eek:hyeah:

Am planning to get a 37"Plasma this Diwali(i kno it sounds a very long term planning :D).

I am confused!
Diwali and year end are like 2 months apart.

So are you planning to use the TV for 2 months and then upgrade?? :eek: :eek:

BTW, there aren't any 37" plasmas atleast in india.

Last edited:
@Blasto

Yes will keep both. In all probability my Bro wont shift to the new house due to the fact that his office is closer to this current place. So 37incher will remain in the old home and a bigger 42" at the new place.

@Blasto

Yes will keep both. In all probability my Bro wont shift to the new house due to the fact that his office is closer to this current place. So 37incher will remain in the old home and a bigger 42" at the new place.

In that case, altering the display space being removed as possibility, you have to get hold of a 37" LCD. There weren't any 37" plasmas released in 2009 and 2010 and there is feeble chance anyone owns one here or you might be able to find one.

Did you come accross any by the way? I did a quick search and in 2010 models, there are no 37" internationally also.

Also as sanjay said earlier, 37" will be small for your room dimensions. You may want to consider widening the cupboard.

that's the only space for AV equipment. I am from Mumbai...you have no idea about space constraints here. The big city with tiny living spaces

If I remember right GeorgeO has a 37 inch Tv, but I think it is LCD not Plasma. Pm him, he may be able to help with model numbers.

Back