Does Full automatic washing machine cleans better than semi automatic machines?

Rupam

I'm planning to buy a Washing Machine. First I decided to buy a semi-automatic machine but after speaking with the sales man of Great Eastern Electronic today, I am a bit confused. The salesman told me that, Automatics washes clothes better that Semi ones. Is it true?

Budget is 14k. I'm going for Lg model LG T70CPD22P Top Load Washing Machine - 6.5kg, Free Silver, Normal, Turbodrum - LG Electronics IN

MRP : Rs.15290/-
Independence day offer price : Rs. 13800/- (may bargain down to 13500)

Semi Automatic Washing Machine requires lot of manual intervention. And also it consumes more water & energy. Better go for fully automatic machine that too front load. But with the budget of 14k it is difficult to get front load. Stretch your budget. I have seen one Samsung Front Loader WM around Rs.20,000/-.

Yes Washing Quality is far better in Full Auto when compared to Semi.

What I understand about washing machines is...
the one which has vertical rotation, should be better than the one which has horizontal rotation.
vertical rotation is the similar style, we guys (or mostly Dhobi) washes the clothes this way.... that results in better cleaning !! So it's better to go for a washing machine with Vertical Rotation.

Yeah but vertical rotation is only possible in front loading machines. The LG one I choose is said to have a Punch +3 Pulsator. It is explained as Punch + 3 Pulsator propels detergent-rich water vertically into every thread of fabrics. The 3 mini-pulsator technology, generates powerful microcurrents which ensures better quality wash.

Poor mans front loading simulation (in other words!) :p

go for fully automatic front loading washing machine, i just moved from a samsung top loading semi automatic to a front loader, there is a huge difference in the wash
clothes are cleaner, fresher the machine uses less water and power

i bought a samsung wf 8558 from devi bangalore 21200 can be bargained further

If your budget allows, go for a front loading machine. My family is using an IFB for the last 14 years without any complaint. I purchased it against many "expert opinions" and "good advices" that favoured top loading ones.( and of course spending double amount)

Apart from the vertical motion, that mimics the manual wash action, another important factor is that it use very little water. In every washing, the concentration of the soap solution is an important factor. A front loading one, takes about 7 litres of water, compared to about 20 liters in a top loading one (a rough estimate). So you need thee times soap powder to get matching concentration. This is another reason for the seemingly better performance of a front loading one.

Thirdly it is fully automatic. Once the wash program starts, no intervention by the lady of the house is permitted. This ensures the wash cycle completes its own, ensuring better wash. The machine can be left alone and the lady can complete her other works.

I have got semi automatic washing machine with valves and tubes and find it is ok. I have not modded it (uses stock cable) and use normal tap water ( not specially imported clenofile water ) and normal detergent without any directional properties!

I'm now inclining towards Videocon automatic models. Their front loading models starts from 17.5k. But thats quite a stretch for my budget.

IFB was indeed good 14 years ago when they were IFB Bosch. But nowadays, their legacy is fading. Thats what I gathered from numerous old posts on WM in forum.

I have got semi automatic washing machine with valves and tubes and find it is ok. I have not modded it (uses stock cable) and use normal tap water ( not specially imported clenofile water ) and normal detergent without any directional properties!

I though you were talking about your tube amplifier (with all the valves and tubes and stock cables) hehehe ;)
Semi was on my wish list but the salesman bugged me with auto idea.

Semi requires a lot of manual interaction. If you have the time and a healthy back, go for fully automatic to save them both!

And what about power consumption? Does the semi automatic washing machines consumer more power?
What about Videocon washing machines ? Anyone using here?

And what about power consumption? Does the semi automatic washing machines consumer more power?
What about Videocon washing machines ? Anyone using here?

I am using - for 7 years semi auto ( the same valve & tube based one)
Nothing extra ordinary but great VFM. post 4-5 years had minor hiccups - always get good & fast POST WARENTEE service in Navi Mumbai - Satisfied ..

I though you were talking about your tube amplifier (with all the valves and tubes and stock cables) hehehe ;)
Semi was on my wish list but the salesman bugged me with auto idea.

Dont' all washing machines have 1) Tubes & 2 ) Valves???? :rolleyes:
Where is the connection with tube amplifier :confused:

I am using - for 7 years semi auto ( the same valve & tube based one)
Nothing extra ordinary but great VFM. post 4-5 years had minor hiccups - always get good & fast POST WARENTEE service in Navi Mumbai - Satisfied ..

Hemant, 'dimag ka dahi' ho gaya, still your contributing???? :cool:

OT: Hifivision is a forum for discussing audio & video products + softwares related to it. Fail to understand why all this non AV stuff gets discussed ever so often these days????

Case of no moderation or no moderators care to do what they are supposed to do??? May be both :sad:

Dont' all washing machines have 1) Tubes & 2 ) Valves???? :rolleyes:
Where is the connection with tube amplifier :confused:

Hemant, 'dimag ka dahi' ho gaya, still your contributing???? :cool:

OT: Hifivision is a forum for discussing audio & video products + softwares related to it. Fail to understand why all this non AV stuff gets discussed ever so often these days????

Case of no moderation or no moderators care to do what they are supposed to do??? May be both :sad:

Yes bro.u got it right. I mean all machines have valves for water control , and water itself flow through tubes, or pipes.
Btw i changed water pipe once. So have done TUBE ROLLING!!! Not expereinced any change,

I have a whirlpool 850 top loader. It was the only top loader available with a heater. Has been working great for the last 2 years. Am planning to buy a front loader for my second home too.

yah pay some more and get IFB........they are like DENON in reciver...hehe

IFB was indeed good 14 years ago when they were IFB Bosch. But nowadays, their legacy is fading. Thats what I gathered from numerous old posts on WM in forum.

Agree with what Rupam says about IFBs. They were really rock solid many years ago. But there are lots of problems that creep up in the models now a days. I had bought my IFB around 4.5 years ago since both my parents and in-laws had been using IFBs without any problems for more than a decade. However, mine started showing problems last year, and had to get the timer (Rs 3000) and pump (Rs 2500) replaced recently.

I would say stay away from IFB.

Regards,
APK

Front loaders are always best as they use less electricity, less water and less detergent. Also they wash better than top loaders

Which is best, a top loader or a front loader? (washing machine)

Regarding the best washing machine Miele is the worlds best brand but very expensive.(Starts from 1 Lakh).
IMHO I will buy a second hand Miele instead of buying other brand as new.

Other reliable and less expensive brands are :

AEG (in India Electrolux)
Bosch
Siemens.

The common thing about all above brands is (including Miele) , all are German products. When it comes to machines Germans are the best !!

Here is a nice site about washing machines:

Which is the best washing machine to buy?

@ Rupam .......... have you purchased any yet ......... if not, then I can give you some of my expert feedbacks ....time tested ones too .. :p

I recently purchased Siemens 5.5 kg Model WM08G260IN & I am really happy with the performance. Washing Machine is something that we do not buy frequently. So going for frond loader & German branded like Siemens, Bosch is a wise choice.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back