Does Voltage Stabilizer affect AVR performance ?

Rupam

Hi,

I'm just curious to know if a Voltage Stabilizer affect AVR performance in a negative way? AV equipment needs a clean power-source. But can V-guard stabilizers provide it ?

Hi,

I'm just curious to know if a Voltage Stabilizer affect AVR performance in a negative way? AV equipment needs a clean power-source. But can V-guard stabilizers provide it ?

I believe as long as the voltage stabilizer has enough capacity to provide the dynamic power required by your AVR, then there should be no issue. Higher the VA rating makes sure that the transformer doesn't saturate when there is a sudden demand in electric current.

I recently got a audiengine A5+ and i don't know how much max power it consumes (idle 10W). How will i calculate max power draw. Will a V-Guard Mini Crystal Voltage Stabilizer(1.5 amps) suffice. I'll be adding a audioengine subwoofer later on. Kindly help

I recently bought mini crystal hoping to use with my Edifier speaker system. It supports 1.3A maximum current capacity which means it can handle around 250W, so it will handle your speaker systems too. But I suggest not to use it or any other so called electronic stabilizers. These type of stabilizers use relay based switching mechanism to regulate the output voltage. You can hear the relay clicking sound when adjusting the output voltage during a voltage fluctuation. Now during this relay click, what I found is that the edifier system also produces unwanted clicking sounds. The only advantage I found with this stabilizer is that it has a startup delay. So I am not using this stabilizer for my speaker system. These are good for TV but not for amps. Also do not use ordinary UPS, the square wave output will damage the power supply of the amp. My suggestion is a servo stabilizer with a proper under-over voltage and surge protection.

I have used a V Guard stabilizer with my entire HT set-up. The stabilizer caters to the power requirement of a LED TV, AVR, 5.1 speakers and an additional 100W integrated amplifier.

Why I opted for a stabilizer? One day I noticed a red light blinking on the AVR with no sound output. Gave me a scare! Had a conventional stabilizer connected to my refrigerator, which was reading a low voltage @ 170 V. Did not bide my time, and bought a 4 KVA V guard stabilizer suitable for a 1.5 T A.C, feeding to the entire jamboree. Just settled for a very high cap stabilizer. Even a 2 KVA one had been sufficient, but seeing hardly any price difference between a 2 KVA one with the 4 KVA one, settled for the latter.

It has been 3 years now .... no further outrages ever. The stabilizer has a 3 minutes time lag too. Also, has a high voltage and low voltage cut-off. Have witnessed its cut-off BOTH WAYS, in these 3 years. So, peace reigns still.

Hi Guys,

Most of us know that frequent power failure problems in south states of India. I am staying in a apartment where power supply switch over almost 8 to 10 times a day due to power failure and DG cut in in-between. So on an average power interruption expected is more than10 times.

I am using the expensive electronic equipments like: 70" samsung LED TV,
Yamaha Amp, Bose Acostimas-6 5.1 speakers with subwoofer, Baru Blue Ray /Hard disc player,
PS4/Wii game consoles, DTH, DVD player etc

After deep interrogation of the issue here is the remedy I got.

Sukam shiny 1600VA inverter with 24V two tubular batteries inverter kept on UPS mode and also below on down stream
A separate DIGI 200 v-guard stabilizer only for TV and DTH receiver,
A separate VGA crystal V-Guard stabilizer for rest of equipment like, Yamaha Amp, Bose Acostimas-6 5.1 speakers with subwoofer, Baru Blue Ray /Hard disc player,PS4/Wii game consoles, DTH, DVD player etc.
Combination worked out without any problem even at any power failure

Try it

I have a 1.5 KVA V-Guard stabilizer for my receiver, but it gets cutoff below 190V... need a better solution..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back