Dolby Atmos Event from Denon & JBL (26 Nov 2014)

bennywoo

Just received this info & would like to share with all... Denon & JBL is holding an event demonstrating the Dolby Atmos @ Raffles Hotel Singapore (JBL's Showroom) on 26 Nov 2014. Got to register with Denon to reserve the seat. :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Event;

All the Best !

However, the Country is 'different'

Most members on this forum are from India - give or take a few & most also live in the Indian Sub Continent.

Hence, I am not sure - how many will be in Singapore & how may will be in a position to attend...

I honestly don't find massive WOW difference in Dolby Atmos and DTS or Auro equipped theatre.....All are gimmicks for sure to upgrade the current AV systems and make money out of it.

Technology is growing i agree, but latest generation who are earning more and new to AV field become prey for that.

I honestly don't find massive WOW difference in Dolby Atmos and DTS or Auro equipped theatre.....All are gimmicks for sure to upgrade the current AV systems and make money out of it.

Technology is growing i agree, but latest generation who are earning more and new to AV field become prey for that.

I have to agree that there is not much wow factor in Atmos compared to DTS etc, though if given a choice, I would choose Atmos. I enjoyed watching interstellar much in Atmos and JBL speaker combo

Sarith,

Interstellar is not mastered in Atmos, so not sure how much we can put the weight on it.

As for Atmos and wow factor, a lot depends upon the mastering. If a recording engineer takes advantage of Atmos and create an enveloping sound field, then Atmos really shines compared to 5 channel mixes.

So far, the best recording that takes advantage of Atmos is Gravity. You can literally track the sound as it moves around you, depending upon where the astronauts are. Edge of Tomorrow, Planet of Apes is also very good in Atmos.

Again its a tool in the hand of recording engineer. If they don't take advantage of what it offers, its not the fault of the tool.

Nice ..share ur experience ...
Guys I do agree with the points that in theatres ,i dont find any difference.. (only a power difference and loud volume in chennai Theatres) ..In case of hometheatres i didn't got an opputunity yet.
Like to mention that are these Auro 3D/Dobly atmos enabled are certified one from the respective concern?
When reading the reviews from international audiophile experts ..they are saying the WOW factor.. but practically at chennai theatres based on my experience ..i dont feel much.. (I've not experinced from Satyam complex yet..)..i felt Auro 3d was better than Dolby Atmos..
Just they are hiking the price and selling the tickets..

My point is As technology upgrades i agree we need to update it accordingly but with in an affordable price ..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back