Dolby atmos processor under 50k - a new possible option

Passive_audio_enthusiast

I discovered this product from canton Germanys website which under 50k is able to provide dolby atmos pre outs. Its a good option for people who wants to retrofit their expensive receivers with still good amps in them. There are no measurements yet available so that's there! Hope it may be useful for those who were looking for these kind of things for long. It may not be difficult for people to carry from Europe to india

In their webpage, they show a possible combination of 7.1.4 though, but this needs 7 wireless speakers from Canton to work!

I discovered this product from canton Germanys website which under 50k is able to provide dolby atmos pre outs. Its a good option for people who wants to retrofit their expensive receivers with still good amps in them. There are no measurements yet available so that's there! Hope it may be useful for those who were looking for these kind of things for long. It may not be difficult for people to carry from Europe to india

Oh wow,that's an awesome device. I really hope that more companies bring out such devices. Just one change I would request. Let the outputs be digital. Dont add any dac inside to give out analog pre out. Let it come out as digital and allow users to use external dacs of our choice. Yes it will need multiple dacs but then the flexibility and the sound quality will be at another level.
Its only 5.1 out pre. It will downmix Atmos to 5.1 out I guess.
Hmm no. As I understand, 5.1 is via the wired connection and then they have their own proprietary wireless radio connection to smart speakers.

MaSh

Hmm no. As I understand, 5.1 is via the wired connection and then they have their own proprietary wireless radio connection to smart speakers.
Actually first post says about old receivers with new processor. Since it needs those wireless speakers, combo cost will be more.

Actually first post says about old receivers with new processor. Since it needs those wireless speakers, combo cost will be more.
Yes I guess it needs to be connected to poweramp/active speakers. Not necessarily to a receiver.

MaSh

I found it interesting for those who had invested in hi end receivers in the past.

Although it's only 5.1 analogue, that's enough for a small apartment. It still would provide a better atmos experience than regular 5.1 via virtualisation. Unfortunately cantons wireless speakers are not sold in india, if iam not wrong.

It's dumb to say my personal experience for any recommendation but the wireless cantons are better than the ls50 series 1 wireless in every ways in terms of neutral sound. I had a chance to demo it with songs I had listened on real flat gear and the cantons were quite great.

If I am not wrong, canton makes small wireless speakers which looks like sonos whihc can be paired with this reciever. And that would make the difference as when not used in atmos mode they would function well as a smart speaker whihc can be carried to other rooms. Idea is good but don't know how it all performs.

Due to covid restrictions nowadays no demo's are provided in local stores in Europe where I live now without appointments. Otherwise I was eager to try this out as there is a dealer quite near my place who has most of the cantons except their online only A series.

Back in 2012, I demoed an entry level canton movie package at chennai and in comparison to a wharfedale package the cantons were not upto the mark. But once I moved abroad and upon listening at shows their higher end series like the reference and vento, they changed my bias about rhe company totally. Honestly the reference series are sideways options to top of the line TADs, harbeths, Wilson audios or similar. But nobody seems to review them in English magazines as they aren't available outside Europe.

Yes I guess it needs to be connected to poweramp/active speakers. Not necessarily to a receiver.

MaSh
Yeah I meant any kind of amps or even active speakers whatever works for the user. But it's easier to find a used avr of very high end analog specs for cheap in the used market. Those can be utilised. The moment canton makes it open to all kind of wireless speakers this is a easy solution. Or they could release some wireless receivers for our extra speakers.

Yeah I meant any kind of amps or even active speakers whatever works for the user. But it's easier to find a used avr of very high end analog specs for cheap in the used market. Those can be utilised. The moment canton makes it open to all kind of wireless speakers this is a easy solution. Or they could release some wireless receivers for our extra speakers.
I don't think it's any active speakers. Have to use the propriety speakers with the receiver I guess.

Yes they could open it up for OEM suppliers for different brands to incorporate it in their systems, just how Google did with the Chromecast.

MaSh

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back